Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE's Gas Power Systems business is the global industry leader in efficient, reliable, and cost-effective conversion of fuel to power, serving a wide range of applications from small, mobile power to highly efficient, utility scale power plants. With our substantial technology heritage and the largest delivered fleet of gas turbines of any provider in the world, our specialized plant solutions address unique customer challenges, providing increased performance, fuel efficiency, lower emissions and operational flexibility.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Ceramic Engineer
Product Design and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As Senior Ceramic Engineer within the Casting Development Center, you will be part of a cross-functional team that develops and implements advanced ceramic processes for investment casting. This role will initially focus on development of processes and operations related to the Advanced Blade Cooling initiative.
As the Senior Ceramic Engineer, you will:
* Development and implementation of advanced ceramic core and shell technologies for the casting of advanced airfoil designs within a newly formed casting development facility
* Be ready to leverage and scale approaches being worked by GE Global Research, Advanced Manufacturing Works, and GE Aviation, along with strong interaction with Design engineering and externally sourced processes
* Be part of an interdisciplinary team of process engineers, designers, and materials scientists that will develop game-changing processes and technologies
* Evaluate and develop advanced ceramic systems and processes that will be used in production of ceramic cores and shells
* Demonstrate ownership and become a subject matter expert (SME) of core/shell systems and processes
* Partner with the Global Research Center, Advanced Manufacturing Works Team, and Engineering to implement improved core and shell systems
* Create and execute plans to develop and qualify internal manufacturing operations and/or external suppliers in order to meet new product / technology introduction fulfillment and quality
* Evaluate new product needs and develop advanced technology roadmaps including technology solutions, P / E investment, and overall technology strategy
* Ensure ceramic systems and process changes are validated, risks are quantified, and cost impacts have been assessed prior to implementation
* Be responsible for on-time and on-budget development of quality components
* Provide technical guidance and solutions to optimize cost competitiveness, quality, and cycle time of products
* Ensure proper documentation of technical data is generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
* Participate as a reviewer in technical and program reviews
* Mentor others in the organization
* Bachelor's Degree in Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science, or discipline field from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 7 years of experience in process development, manufacturing, or related experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* PhD or Master's Degree in Ceramic Engineering, Materials Science, or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university or a minimum of 12 years of experience in manufacturing
* Experience with wet and dry ceramic processing, ceramic forming techniques, de-binding and sintering of oxide ceramics, kiln operations, phase equilibria, thermo-mechanical properties of ceramics, ceramic machining, and characterization
* Knowledge of investment casting processes, metrology and inspection techniques
* Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Effective at managing multiple priorities under tight deadlines
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
* Ability and willingness to work effectively as part of a high performance, cross-functional team to drive impactful results
* Understanding of safety, cost, and schedule risk mitigation for new processes and technologies
* Six Sigma training or equivalent Quality training
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.