The Overwatch team is seeking a Senior Character Concept Artist to join our award-winning team of game developers. As a Character concept artist you will be using your fearless imagination and bold talent to expand the world of Overwatch and bring new compelling characters into our story.
Using the skills of both artist and designer to their fullest potential, a concept artist lives on the front line of development. You'll work closely with hero designers and 3D artists to bring new heroes, and new takes on heroes into the game. Your knowledge of anatomy and expression will be pushed to new heights designing the heroes, villains, and the creatures between to inhabit the world.
In short, you'll be part of a close-knit, collaborative community of artists, engineers and designers whose goal isn't just painting a pretty picture but rather to make a truly immersive game experience.
Nobody values the contributions of a concept artist like we do. If you're ready to embrace the challenge of helping realize the next epic Blizzard title, we want to hear from you!Responsibilities
- Create character concepts and skins including character sheets, movement studies and detailed breakouts for equipment and weapons
- Iterate on game assets with production artists via paint overs, studies, and group critiques
- Minimum of 3 years' experience creating concept artwork for animation, film or videogames
- Experienced with digital content creation tools such as Photoshop, Painter, etc
- An exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and a keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design
- Superior eye for light, value, composition, and color
- Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments
- Understanding of the distinctive Overwatch visual style and a passion to push it to the next level
- A passion for games
Submission / Portfolio requirements
- Experience in creating visual designs that support gameplay oriented goals
- Working knowledge 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, Zbrush, or Mudbox
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, and illustration
- Have shipped an AAA PC or console title as a concept artist
- Cover Letter is required
- Portfolio and / or reel demonstrating relevant artistic skills required
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album).
- Must be willing to complete an art test if requested to do so
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.