This position supports Metlife’s core values of putting the customer first, being the best, making things easier and succeeding together by providing a caring representative of Metlife to guide the customer through the claim process while working together on process improvements with the customer at the center of all our decisions.
- Interviews insureds, claimants and other parties to determine the facts of the claim.
- Creates and documents claims file to comply with company guidelines and state regulations.
- Reviews factual information to determine coverage and/or liability of all parties to the claim.
- Determines value of the claim considering depreciation and actual cash value, negotiates and commits to the settlement, and moves claim to closure.
- Resolves complaints
- Recommends subrogation and/or SIU referral. Manages pending claims to meet company quality criteria.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or required
- 1-5 yrs. related insurance or claims experience
- Must hold current adjusters license
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent business experience
- Xactimate experience a plus
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.