We are Farmers!
Take your career to new levels at Farmers! Our engaged and empowered employees are proactive, straightforward and knowledgeable. As a Senior Liability Claims Adjuster
, your role has a direct impact on management level outcomes. You’ll provide a positive customer experience and think critically to determine claims coverage and identify responsible parties by utilizing investigative tools to find the truth, and negotiate a final settlement.
At Farmers, we believe that great business outcomes are the result of great behaviors. That’s why we focus on behaviors that drive success when we recruit for our Liability Claims team.
Essential Job Functions
- Learn about the job by participating in a 12 week paid training program, including University of Farmers course work, ranked Top 10 by Training Magazine.
- Adaptability is the key to success in this role as you will juggle multiple tasks and take on new cases daily, while monitoring and following up on existing claims.
- You will need to strategically and efficiently plan your day to ensure timely settlement of claims.
- Engage in difficult conversations with customers who have had a loss or suffered an injury, empathizing with their situation in order to build excellent rapport and assure they are taken care of and put at ease.
- Our adjusters love helping others, including each other. They regularly meet with other team members to discuss case challenges and consult on best solutions, as well as cover caseloads for peers when necessary.
- Participates in an intensive training program in a supervised learning environment, which includes training in claims investigation, liability determination, coverage confirmation, establishing damages, and negotiation of claims settlement.
- The training will also include current claims systems, processes and strategy.
- Employees will be required to complete an exam with a passing grade at certain phases of the training.
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases.
- Has the authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits, with supervisory review and approval.
- Adjusts all types of claims. Inspects damaged property and vehicles, and determines claims related damage.
- Estimates the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or stolen property and vehicles.
- Determines and reports on subrogation potential. Initiates the sale of salvage vehicles, personal property, and miscellaneous salvage items.
- Reports theft, fraud, and arson losses as required to state and industry agencies.
- Performs most duties on an individual basis, and work has a direct bearing on Management results.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Personal contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police a nd fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing Speaking (English) Climbing Reaching Standing Key entering Reading (English) Walking Kneeling Seeing Writing (English) Physical Environment
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive Noise Levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological Conditions Moving Mechanical Parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation. Education Requirements
Four-year college degree required. Experience Requirements
2+ Years experience in Liability Insurance highly preferred.
Must achieve minimum passing scores on all claims training exams. Special Skill Requirement
- 1-3 years’ experience working with customers to surpass their expectations and ensure they are satisfied with their experience, regardless of the outcome.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
- Strong problem solving skills are necessary to investigate answers that are not always apparent.
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with a variety of customers in their time of need.
- Adept knowledge and comfort using various computer programs and search techniques in order to efficiently manage your daily diary of tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
A little about us: