GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a division of General Electric Company,GE Transportationis a global technology leader and supplier to the railroad, mining, marine, stationary power, and drilling industries. We drive change and progress - by rail and across oceans. We go farther and dig deeper, with advanced technology that connects people, data and machines, so resources can be gathered, goods can be transported and economies can thrive. GE Transportation is headquartered in Chicago, IL, and employs approximately 12,000 employees worldwide. Learn more about GE Transportation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior C-Level Executive Assistant
Administration and Support
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Senior Executive Assistant will provide executive administrative support to the CEO of GE Transportation and other staff as needed.
In addition, you will:
* Be responsible for defined work or projects completed independently and with moderate complexity
* Provide overall office management and administrative duties such as phone coverage, call screening, memos and letters to the CEO
* Establish and maintain strong communication links with Group, Division, and Department level administrative personnel
* Proactively coordinate the CEO's calendar, which is comprised of a heavy meeting schedule and extensive global travel
* Plan, schedule, and arrange business meetings and travel itineraries; maintain passport and visa requirements; prepare and reconcile expense accounts for the CEO
* Direct business contacts to appropriate managers
* Make complex travel arrangements and coordinate itineraries
* Prepare presentations, reports, spreadsheets, meeting minutes and other business information
* Assist in managing expense accounts and budgets
* Provide discrete and confidential coordination of sensitive company information
* Use discretion in interfacing with all levels of individuals, internally and externally
* Anticipate needs and accomplish responsibilities without direction
* Prepare, evaluate, and edit incoming and outgoing communications for the CEO
* Manage multiple projects and priorities and initiate follow up to ensure timely achievement of
* Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university (or High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 additional years of experience in an executive assistant position)
* Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule when necessary
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
* Ability to prioritize, multi-task and anticipate needs
* Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and handle stressful and difficult situations with composure
* Knowledge of GE policies / procedures
* Ability to balance workload under short deadlines and changing priorities in a fast paced
* Internet proficiency and knowledge of web-based applications
* Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Applications (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to act with high integrity at all times
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.