Alternate Job Locations
New York, NY / Bridgewater, NJ
“At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.”
The Senior Client Service Consultant will provide administrative support and customer service to IBM and their employees for their MetLife benefits programs. The candidate will be engaged in the operational aspects of the MetLife administered IBM benefits programs and will have primary responsibility for day to day operational activities. In addition, this job role requires coordination with the MetLife Account Team who will manage the customer relationship and satisfaction. This Individual will be available to IBM for the duration of the IBM insured dental contract with MetLife and is available to IBM to work on any current or future IBM benefit programs offered by MetLife.
- Assist MetLife’s Account Team for IBM in the day-to-day administration of IBM’s Dental and Disability programs including: responding to client requests and leading projects, providing client with alternative solutions, identify possible plan design alternatives, acts as a liaison between the client and internal MetLife teams.
- Serve as an in-house resource to IBM’s Global Benefits and Delivery Operations Team as well as the Strategy and Design Team.
- Work with claimants, HR Partners, and managers, as needed, to answer inquiries, follow-up to obtain and submit missing information to expedite claims processing; maintain regular office hours for onsite "walk-in" assistance for claimants.
- Collaborate with IBM on IBM benefit communications and effectively coordinate and maintain communications of IBM benefit programs offered by MetLife on w3 and NetBenefits.
- Collaborates and acts as a liaison with client's Third Party Administrator to assist with problem resolution and trouble-shooting.
- Assist MetLife’s Account Team for IBM in providing exceptional customer service via ongoing client account administration to ensure complete client satisfaction.
- Lead resolution of escalations and interact with IBM HR, employee mgmt., integrated health services and payroll partners as well as MetLife team til closed.
- Manage exceptions reported on SSAE16 and missed Performance Guarantees to closure.
- Coordinates and facilitates client meetings, in person or via conference call, and prepares materials, agendas and presentations, leads client account audits and strategic planning process and partners with financial team in completion of client reports.
- Project leader for implementation and plan changes.
- Assist MetLife’s Account Team for IBM in leading initial strategy meetings, establishing specific processes and reports, creating process manuals and inputs, and ensuring accurate installation of data in MetLife systems.
- Understands the detailed components and provisions in legal agreements between MetLife and IBM and assists in facilitating the execution of contracts to ensure compliance.
- Assist MetLife’s Account Team for IBM in leading discussions on complex policy/certificate issues with customer and/or consultant.
- Independently leads cross-functional project teams designed to support key National Accounts initiatives or to enhance operational effectiveness.
- Fully aware of and understands competitors’ products, industry trends and legal developments impacting business, assisting client with strategy consultation.
- Responsible for assisting with the development and completion of customer financial reports, including identifying reporting needs and analyzing data, utilization, cost drivers and trend.
- Responsible for monitoring the key financial parameters of internal management reporting and capable of proactively identifying discrepancies, trends and results.
- Participates in strategic planning.
- Holds advanced knowledge of MetLife’s group products, services and systems and ability to strategically analyze the interaction of these products, services and systems.
- Extensive experience managing complex client accounts and relationships.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work autonomously; effectively handle multiple tasks, prioritize deadlines appropriately and remain flexible.
- Strong project management skills including problem solving, attention to detail, analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Ability to balance client expectations with MetLife capabilities and understand the impact both administratively and financially.
- General understanding of U.S. economy and employee benefits industry.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software including advanced Excel and Access skills.
- Typically has a BS/BA degree and 7-10 years of experience.
- Advanced accounting / math problem solving skills, including analytical thinking and decisiveness.
- Firm knowledge of group products and services and ability to apply analytical skills to the interaction of such products.
Number of Openings
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.