Senior Client Engineer
Location: Irvine, California
Posted: October 04, 2017
Reference ID: 1867962068
Senior Software Engineer, Client
Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for making Hearthstone the best product it can be on all of our supported clients, with an extra-special desire to make it sing on mobile devices. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
• Strive to improve the quality of the user experience on all client platforms that are supported by Hearthstone. (PC, Mac, Android/iOS phones and tablets, etc.) Some of the areas that the client team is responsible for include:
o Graphic/Rendering Performance
o Memory usage
o Load times/asset management
o Battery Performance
• Implement various client-side features, such as:
o Font systems
o Localization systems
o Audio support
o Network communication/File Transfer layer
o Telemetry module
• Help make improvements to the team's ability to develop and test the game on mobile platforms.
• Maintain familiarity with Hearthstone's design.
• Champion Blizzard's core values, especially "Gameplay First".
• Strong, proven programming skills.
• Experience with performance analysis and code optimization.
• High comfort level extending and improving an established code base.
• Self-motivation and willingness to pitch in on many areas of game development.
• Ability to communicate effectively with artists, designers, and other engineers.
• Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
• A burning desire to help make the Hearthstone client the best that it can be for our players.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
• Familiarity with Hearthstone, at least at a casual player level.
• Avid Hearthstone player.
• iOS or Android development experience.
• Previous experience shipping game titles or other software.
• Unity experience with either the 4.x or 5.x platform.
• Database development experience (MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.).
• Experience supporting a live service.
• Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or related degree.
• Familiarity with other Blizzard Entertainment products.
Required Application Materials
• Cover Letter which should include:
o Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
o What games you are currently playing
** Only submissions with cover letters will be considered
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!