At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, HCA is comprised of locally-managed facilities that include more than 250 hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom, employing approximately 230,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities resulting in more than 26M patient encounters each year.
HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we provide by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality.
• Ranked 63 in Fortune 500
• Computerworld Top 50 Best Places to Work in IT since 2009
• Named one of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" since 2010
• 106 HCA hospitals are on The Joint Commission's list of top performers on key quality measures.SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Senior Clinical Analyst -Order Set/PCM will be responsible for the successful implementation and support of standardized order set content and physician documentation templates into MEDITECH It will include the support of the Clinical Service Group content management process, the facilitation of clinical content consumption into MEDITECH, and the ongoing support of a standard content model for the evidence based order sets program and physician documentation templates. The position requires an in-depth understanding and appreciation for clinical information technology, its capabilities, limitations, and impact on clinical practice. DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Provides expertise in order set & physician template design as it relates to the translation of content into the MEDITECH system from the respective content management system.
- Identifies areas where advanced MEDITECH programming can extend the capabilities of content design.
- Provides leadership in communicating content enhancements to testing services, client support services, and education/training teams.
- Responsible for building the clinical content into MEDITECH from the corresponding content management system.
- Establish best practices and guiding principles for clinical content consumption in MEDITECH and enterprise maintenance protocols.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with physician leaders, clinicians, clinical professionals and other stakeholders at the facility.
- Responsible for working with physicians and pharmacists to ensure that all requirements for localization of the order sets are met.
- Collaborate with Clinical Services and other EHR stakeholders to help define the use and integration of HCA's standard clinical content into clinical applications.
- Work on other activities, as assigned.
- Builds strong relationships at the facility with core customer base (nurses, physicians, core team members, etc.) and facility leadership
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Related experience must include inpatient hospital workflow with clinical systems implementation experience.
- Experience with physician workflow automation highly preferred.
- Current knowledge of Clinical standards.
- Experienced with MEDITECH highly preferred.
- Knowledge of acute care department operational processes.
- Strong, experience based, Clinical and HIT skills with the ability to analyze issues, assess risks, and develop written recommendations.
- Ability to work in an office environment, attend meetings and travel approximately 10%.
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Five to seven years experience in clinical applications support - preferred
- Licensing or credentials within specific clinical specialty preferred, if available
- Valid state drivers license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom