Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
Senior Clinical Specialist
1. Provides clinical and professional expertise to internal and external customers. Interacts with clinicians, consumers and advocacy organizations on clinical practice, therapy, policies and plans.
2. Implements consulting strategies, as dictated by needs of the business and marketplace, through collaboration with the sales account team to accomplish sales objectives.
3. Conducts customer needs analysis and develops strategies to resolve customer issues.
4. Develops customer partnerships through development and implementation of product utilization, and therapy educational programs.
5. Provides health education to key Shire accounts. Plans and implements educational seminars and training programs on key clinical, product, therapy, educational resources and disease state related topics geared towards clinicians in South Florida, Georgia and South Carolina in the Southeast Region.
6. Conducts patient/caregiver outreach and educational programs. Serves as a primary educator and consultant to patients/caregivers and the hemophilia advocacy community on approximately 20 different disease state topics as well as the appropriate use of Shire products and services to achieve business results for patient communities in Georgia and South Carolina and North Carolina in the Southeast Region.
7. Provides customer feedback to Sales, Marketing and R&D teams on designing and improving new/existing products and customer utilization needs.
8. Coordination/communication of activities and identification of issues across all teams that interface with internal and external customer in order to address issues within assigned responsibilities. #LI-KE1
Ideal candidate will possess the following background:
1. Bachelors or advanced degree
2. RN or NP with five plus years of experience in the clinical arena
3. Hemophilia or bleeding disorders experience preferred, along with expertise in patient outreach work.
4. Strong English written and verbal communication and presentation skills
5. Analytical and problem solving capability
6. Ability to develop educational programs and tools.
7. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with team members, customers and internal and external employees at all levels.
8. Candidate must reside in Southeast.
Travel required 50%, including nights and week-ends.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.