Power Gas Power Systems
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE Power is a world leader in power generation with deep domain expertise that helps customers deliver electricity from a wide spectrum of fuel sources. We are transforming the electricity industry with the digital power plant, the world's largest & most efficient gas turbine, full balance of plant solutions and our data-leveraging software. Our innovative technologies and digital offerings help make power and water more affordable, reliable, accessible and sustainable.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Combustion Tools Engineer
Applications and Software
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Senior Combustion Tools Engineer will be responsible for the production design tools associated with advanced combustion aero thermal designs and analyses for aviation and power generation gas turbine products.
In this role, you will have project execution responsibility for the development of next-gen design tools, focal for design system integration (DSI) activities, as well as hands-on tool development, deployment, training and support for the implementation of the tools during engineering design.
As the Senior Combustion Tools Engineer, you will:
• Evaluate, validate, improve, and support combustion design tools and methods used by the combustor aero and heat transfer design / analysis teams
• Work closely and be a liaison with the design organizations across GE to establish technical requirements and define / share best practices across GE Power, Aviation and Oil & Gas
• Be the focal point for DSI (Design System Integration Initiative) for GE Power
• Implement tools design, system validation, and release processes to ensure tool quality
• Provide timely communications on significant issues or developments
• Ensure proper documentation of technical analyses / methodologies, and report results to leadership
• Remain current in the state of the art within own technical specialty
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related Engineering disciplines
Minimum of 10 years of engineering experience
Minimum of 5 years in computational fluid dynamics and combustion modeling
Green Belt certification (GE employees only)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• Master's Degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or related Engineering disciplines
• Green Belt certification or equivalent quality certification
• Strong background in computational fluid dynamics and combustion modeling
• Strong skill in engineering analysis software application - ANSYS (Analysis System), CFX, Fluent
• Strong engineering software programming skills - C / C++ / C#, Java, XML / HTML, SQL, Fortran 77 / 95
• Strong skills in developing, coding, and deploying analysis tools
• Strong cross-functional, teaming, communication and presentation skills
• Demonstrated understanding of combustion systems
• Demonstrate understanding of advanced analysis methods
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team to solve technical problems
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and draft plans to meet them
• Demonstrated Design for Six Sigma Quality Focus and Lean approach to problem solving
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.