Senior Commercial Director, Power
Company: General Electric
Location: New York, United States
Posted: November 06, 2017
Reference ID: 3016729
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Responsible for the structuring, negotiation and execution of outbound intellectual property/technology-based transactions. In this role the individual will work closely with internal GE Venture Licensing (GEVL) program development teams to help shape the program and prepare it for licensing to third parties. Emphasis will be placed on domains including energy, Internet-of-Things, materials, software, electrical/electronics, mechanical systems, Lifesciences and healthcare technologies.
GE Ventures-Licensing (GEVL) monetizes GE technologies and intellectual property (IP) globally via creative commercialization structures ranging from Licensing to new venture creation, in partnership with GE Business units. This will include driving program evaluation, market & business models and commercial deal negotiation and execution. Emphasis will be on developing and executing go to market strategies for approved programs, deal & program/team structuring, negotiation and program management, taking into account business constraints including for example IP encumbrances, regulatory, compliance, labor, trade controls and product strategies. The role will bring direct financial & strategic value of novel and various business models to GE, leading in building a culture of integrity, while pushing business boundaries.
• Organize and lead negotiations with third parties for intellectual property/technology based license (and associated) transactions
• Partner with GEVL Program Managers in developing business cases for new programs from GE patents/ technologies/ businesses
• Partner with GEVL program build teams to identify appropriate patent/technology candidates to build into revenue producing license (or associated) programs
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
• Minimum 10 years' experience in commercializing & licensing various technologies and intellectual property in a corporate setting
• Advanced degree in engineering, physical, software or healthcare sciences
• MBA in marketing or finance, or legal equivalent degree
• Demonstrated knowledge of building business cases for patent/technology driven programs, including market sizing, valuation and customer identification
• 10 years' experience commercializing new technology in healthcare, energy, materials, software, IoT, electrical & mechanical system domains
• Ability to lead in a startup environment, advise partner on technical skillsets needed for Commercial success while establishing strong customer relationships.
• Knowledge and proven ability in leading discussions around technology manufacturability, Supply chain, market strategy and NPI roadmaps.
• Demonstrated experience in intellectual property analysis and landscape assessment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Experience with IP technology transfer, licensing, sale and/or for joint development across multiple companies
• Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers & stakeholders
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Locations: United States; New York; Niskayuna
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.