- Position may be located in Boca Raton, FL, or Milwaukee, WI
- Under the general direction of the Supply Management Leader for Direct Materials this talented individual will be accountable for
- Leading commodity management, contracting & sourcing for the Plastic and Rubber Molding based commodities.
- Lead specified business units through sourcing processes and ensures sourcing decisions are consistent with overall company strategy, policy and needs.
- Focus on sourcing strategies including determination of eligible suppliers and management of the overall sourcing process.
- Drive project activity through the communication of expectations, enforcement of deadlines, and creation and evaluation of deliverables.
- Demonstrate the ability to put a structured sourcing process into action through formal and informal negotiations, and leverage the process to resolve conflicts and build consensus.
- Understand Plastics spends across the business, analyze category markets and translate into actionable strategies and forward-looking analysis.
- Develops category expertise, maintains market intelligence and stays abreast of the changing supply base and new technologies.
- Direct the strategic sourcing process and act as the central point of contact to improve supplier cost/price & performance on assigned spend/commodity
- Work closely with product management teams to understand technology requirements across the commodity and various business units
- Define direct material sourcing strategy to support establishment of supply chains; maximize current and future market conditions and define contingency planning to mitigate risk
- Interface directly with Finance and the Sourcing Analyst to document real savings that can be communicated throughout the organization
- Develop and maintain supplier performance metrics and manage the feedback process
- Evaluate commodity outsource opportunities to drive leverage of spend responsibility
- Lead efforts that drive cost optimization, improved quality and service and enhanced innovation through strategic sourcing, supplier relationship and risk management.
- Monitor supplier and tool capacity and prepare alternatives to constraints identified.
- Work closely with Tooling Management team on risk management ofTyco owned Plastic
- Maintain data in Tooling asset database
- Develop and execute detailed supplier qualification process in partnership with Company's Engineering and Quality team
- Collaborates with key stakeholders upstream and downstream to ensure engagement, buy-in and ownership of key sourcing strategies.
- Coordinate with corporate functions to drive excellent sourcing processes in all areas of spend
- Work with the Continuous Improvement organization to drive initiatives at key suppliers which will result in quantifiable savings
- Establish end-to-end process with ownership and commitment to procurement strategies throughout planning and execution
- Evaluation of performance metrics for priority/critical commodity responsibilities
- Provide external marketplace knowledge of the latest dynamics, trends, and best practices
- Utilization of consistent
- Technical acumen around plastic raw materials and molding
- Knowledge of various plastic and rubber manufacturing techniques
- Requires familiarity with material procurement in a lean manufacturing environment including Kanban pull inventory systems, material flow, leveraging volume spend, inventory turns, visual management, and continuous improvement tools.
- Must have familiarity with multiple commodities and manufacturing process in supply chain.
- Must be excellent with numbers and proficient in basic math.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs; personal computing tools including word processing, spreadsheets and order processing applications.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, analytical & statistical skills.
- Work effectively with frequent interruptions and resolve conflicts timely and professionally.
- Must be able to set and attain goals and initiate action to resolve problems and continuously improve products, processes, and services.
- Self-starter- ability to work independently & relentlessly to purse objectives.
- Must be capable of managing project timelines and securing results
- Ability to map supply chains and overcome obstacles, both internal and external, by presenting facts to support projects' value to the business. Work with internal stakeholders to overcome objections
- Strong background in building strategic relationships with suppliers and internal customers or stakeholders
- Team player with excellent inter-personal and communication skill
- Experience driving direct material sourcing savings globally
- Leading and facilitating meetings, conferences, and collaboration events
- Business Capability and Metrics Achievement -- achieve business scope and metrics for delivered solutions (examples: cycle time reduction, productivity improvement, quality improvement, VAVE)
- Solution Delivery - achieve budget, schedule, and quality objectives for delivered solutions
- Stakeholder Satisfaction - achieve high stakeholder satisfaction score (via survey)
- Spend Leverage - attain high leverage of supplier spend, contracts, e-auctions & continually simplify Sourcing landscape
- Supplier on boarding and Supplier Monitoring
- Continuity of Supply and Supply Risk Mitigation
- Top line growth and cost out activities
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Management or other related field.
- 8-10 years of Supply Chain/Strategic Sourcing with 5+ years plastics preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing sourcing strategies that have yielded measurable business results.
- Experience leading multicultural virtual teams in a global and complex environment
- Advanced technical and business knowledge in product development life cycle, quality assurance, project/program management.
- Demonstrated application of Six-Sigma/Lean methodologies to yield tangible business results, preferred
- Proven formulation of Sourcing business strategies that achieved quantified business results. Training in JIT, Lean Supply Chain tools, and Inventory Management, APICS/NAPM certification, preferred
Position may require travel up to 25% of the time
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.