Senior Communications Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Posted: January 30, 2018
Reference ID: 1084390
If you are a world-class story teller who can help people fall in love with Microsoft, and have keen insight for driving innovative communication strategies that advance the company’s themes and initiatives - the Commercial Communications team has a great role for you. We are looking for creative and experienced professional to lead our global Industry Customer and Partner Public Relations strategy. As we continue to evolve our communications efforts, this role provides you a great opportunity to improve how we speak to, with and about Customers and Partners in their terms and addressing their unique business needs. As the owner of our Industry Customer and Partner Public Relations efforts, you will be on point to push the envelope on new and innovative ways to drive media impact by landing Digital Transformation stories that highlight how they are driving innovation or creating positive disruption in the market.
- Identify and build deep relationships with industry influencers to generate press coverage in business and general news outlets over the long term.
- Land deep Digital Transformation stories with business and general news influencers that support key trends and are told through customer and partner voices.
- Land top stories, as well as news and momentum stories around Microsoft’s Quarterly Earnings cycle, Industry 3rd party moments (Sibos, NRF, Auto Mobility, CES, HMI, HIMSS, etc.), and Microsoft’s 1st party moments (Ignite/Envision, Build, Inspire) with business and general news outlets.
- Package Digital Transformation and Industry narratives, customer and partner showcases, stories and pitches for the Field Comms Leads to drive worldwide scale of Digital Transformation, Industry and Audience efforts.
KEY (PREFERRED) QUALIFICATIONS:
• The ideal candidate is highly entrepreneurial, energetic and self-motivated with the following skills: Excellent strategic thinking ability and strong communication skills.
• The candidate will be autonomous, results-driven, and a demonstrated ability to influence cross-group agendas (including at an executive level) and drive non-reporting teams to perform.
• Partner experience within Microsoft is a plus.
• You must be willing to take on a big challenge with significant growth potential.
• Most importantly, you need to be a strategic thinker able to identify opportunities and alternatives and influence a large team to execute on them.
• 8+ years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, Analyst Relations, Segment marketing or Product Marketing
This is a highly visible position across the company. It provides an opportunity to shape Microsoft’s global communications strategy.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.