Towers Crescent 2 (12067), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
Senior Communications Manager
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One is one of the nation’s top 10 banks and has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
We are looking for an energetic and intuitive External Communications Senior Manager, a PR strategist with exceptional leadership and communication skills. The responsibilities of this role will be focused on understanding the US Card business and its product objectives and establishing a communications program that promotes them. The senior manager will be dedicated to developing proactive, strategic marketing and communications programming spanning traditional and social media with a strong focus on content creation and analytics.
The Sr. Manager will develop and drive communications programs from ideation to execution and measurement, and provide ongoing public relations counsel to key internal and external audiences promoting Capital One’s US Card products. Proven ability to identify opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results is critical for this role.
The Manager will have exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, expertise in relationship building; a deep understanding of content strategy and analytics, solid experience in media relations and influencer engagement tactics, possess strong executive presence, and have good project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
- Deep understanding and ability to communicate the unique benefits, features and key issues related to Capital One’s US credit card product and digital tools support card products, among others
- Develop, drive and measure results for integrated, long-term external communications plans showcasing products, tools and services
- Strong understanding of online and traditional marketing techniques [i.e., SEO/SEM strategy development] and the ability to communicate how these types of tactics can be leveraged to enhance PR outcomes is very important.
- Coordinate media outreach, leveraging key contacts and managing relationships to ensure media coverage in national and regional dailies, wires, business periodicals, broadcast media, online/social media outlets, industry trades and consumer publications
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams to advance communications strategy to internal key partners and various levels, ranging from senior management to supporting staff
- Ability to influence, motivate, build consensus, and mobilize teams and business partners
- Ability to effectively manage agency partners and vendors
- Work with appropriate divisions to implement specific plans to address key issues
- Serve as PR liaison with external third-party partners to ensure effective execution of plans, coordinating media plans or events, ensuring issues are brought to the forefront for resolution
- Draft communications materials to include strategic plans, press releases, media alerts, speeches, social media content and other communications documents for consumer and business audiences
- Demonstrate skill and genuine interest in research and analysis of current PR trends to foster new and out of the box thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Public Relations experience
- Experience in creating and executing integrated consumer PR campaigns for big brands
- 5-7 years of public relations experience for a leading consumer brand (experience with brands within financial services is a plus)
- At least 2-3 years of digital marketing experience with a focus on content development and analytics
- Strong written / verbal communication skills (writing sample required)
- Proven ability to work effectively with multiple constituents, including peers, executive management, senior management, giving simplicity to complex subject matters
- Deep understanding of online and traditional marketing techniques and experience leveraging them for executing successful integrated PR campaigns
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results, insights and learnings on a quarterly basis
- Proven ability to manage media interviews for senior executive officers, including national television, radio, global print/broadcast media and all trade publications
- Creative, integrative problem-solving and structured thinking
- Self-motivated with strong organizational skills, analytical talent and attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and persuasion skills; ability to present plans with confidence and execute flawlessly
- Strong project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends, especially those that impact internal clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Expert knowledge in the latest in digital and social media technology and channels and how to best leverage for communications programs as part of the overall strategy
- Strong working knowledge of HTML, Word Press, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Acrobat, and media analysis tools
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.