The concept of "Blizzard polish" is derived from the infinite care and loving attention to detail put into every aspect of our games. This concept is something we take seriously and pride ourselves on delivering to our players. It's a responsibility shared across the company - and its undisputed heart and soul is Blizzard Entertainment quality assurance (QA).About Compatibility
As the technical branch of QA, Blizzard compatibility is a world class team; we perform compatibility and performance testing for all our games and work hand-in-hand with game team engineers and hardware vendors to ensure our players will have the most epic experiences possible. You could say we're a little obsessed about technology - okay, you could say a lot obsessed. We're early adopters for emerging tech and next-gen hardware, so whatever is coming next in gaming technology gets into our hands first. As you can imagine, we're a group that is constantly evolving, improving, and ultimately succeeding as a team. We're looking for proactive, like-minded folks who can't stop learning and have a natural curiosity about their craft, be that keeping up with the latest hardware and software or writing a little script, collaborating and troubleshooting on the fly, understanding how games interact with hardware, and of course having a passion for gaming. We genuinely love what we do for a living and expect the same from everyone who joins us. If your career is ready for its next great challenge, get in touch and let's get to work!Responsibilities
- Build, deploy, and maintain computer systems, servers, and virtual machines.
- Coordinate team members engaged in problem solving, monitoring, and installation of complex equipment and software.
- Analyze available hardware inventories and submit department purchase requests.
- Create, deploy, and maintain a library of Windows and OS X images.
- Collaborate with internal departments and hardware vendors to investigate and resolve issues.
- Mentor other analysts on identifying and troubleshooting hardware and software defects.
- Configure, deploy, and maintain unique system configurations for internal departments.
- Effectively drive and facilitate group tasks to completion and promote a team environment.
- Develop and execute test cases covering system interactions and edge case scenarios.
- Implement and execute network simulation tests on console, mobile and desktop platforms.
- Prepare professional, well-documented evaluations of hardware and software, along with recommending improvements.
- Auditing and creation of tools, scripts, and documentation to maintain and improve processes.
- Assist leadership with time estimates and task creation based on scope and complexity.
- Handle other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or an engineering discipline, or comparable professional experience
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in software testing
- Exceptional communications skills and be able to communicate professionally with all internal and external stakeholders
- Experience creating and running of virtual machine environments
- Skilled use of PC / Mac development and debugging tools
- Advanced knowledge of computer architecture, memory, systems, and power management
- Proficient knowledge of networking technologies (TCP / IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience controlling Microsoft Active Directory with scripts and through the command line
- Proven organizational and independent time management skills and able to work long hours including weekends
- Demonstrated passion for software quality and continuous learning
- Willing and able to lift a minimum of 70 pounds
Required Application Materials
- Advanced software testing certifications
- Scripting or software tool creation experience (Python, Lua, Java, Bash, Visual Basic, C#)
- Cover Letter Preferred
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.