A Creative Development Artist creates concept art and illustrations for Blizzard's game universes. Your goal is to bring to life the characters and environments through epic pre-production concepts and inspiring illustration work to be used across the company.Day to Day Tasks:
Your Background and Experience
- Create character and environment concepts for pre-production of our award winning animated shorts and cinematics in the Overwatch, Warcraft, Diablo, Starcraft, Hearhtstone, and Heroes of the Storm universes.
- Create environment mood paintings, lighting studies, color keys, and color scripts
- Create highly polished illustrations for animated sequences to promote new content and expansions
- Partnering with internal and external artists to collaborate on large creatively complex assignments
- Create jaw dropping illustration work to be used across the company for Blizzcon, Gamescom, marketing, promotional material, etc.
- Create concept art and illustration work to help the game development teams with their creative and artistic goals
- Work with art directors and directors to create a vision for our creative projects across the team
- 3-5 professional industry experience as a concept artist or illustrator
- Exceptional ability creating traditional 2D art and you know when to work quick to generate conceptual ideas and when to slow down and polish an image for public consumption.
- You're an expert with shape design, silhouette, and structure as well as color and composition and you aren't afraid to experiment with 3D when it helps get the job done
- Exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy and you know how to stylize them to create compelling and memorable characters with emotions and feelings.
- You love to collaborate. You have experience working with other artists and sometimes leading them on team projects. You take initiative and will help lead a creative vision, understanding that creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when working with others.
- You love games, movies, animation, and you love dissecting them and exploring ways to take them to the next level.
- You have a passion for Blizzard games and understand the unique approach to creating Blizzard art for our game universes.
Requirements for Applying:
- Strong traditional arts foundation, including but not limited to figure drawing, landscape painting, illustration, etc.
- Working knowledge 3D art techniques & software packages such as Maya, 3Ds Max, or Zbrush
- Portfolio - Only digital applications will be accepted such as a website, blog, or online album. Physical media will not be accepted.
- An art test may be requested during the interview process
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!