Microsoft Services is proud to have the opportunity to serve our government and offer an opportunity for you to do the same. The security of our nation and preservation of our nation’s interest are critical to the safety and prosperity of the United States. The Microsoft Services team has provided and continues to provide a vital role in supporting the successful and accelerated achievement of our customers’ objectives through Microsoft products. Microsoft has seen an explosive growth in the adoption of SQL. The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen.
We are looking for a SQL Server Consultant to join our team. The ideal candidate for this role is someone with highest integrity and technical competence. A portfolio of successful technical services delivery in complex and challenging environments using SQL Server will be a strong requirement for this role.
Key responsibilities include:
• Driving database design, installation, configuration, and documentation activities
• Helping ISV/Enterprises develop processes to manage and maintain databases post-deployment including educating the customer DBA/System Engineers on the architecture and knowledge transfer in the following areas:
• Microsoft SQL Server Administration
• Configuration design for the databases
• Backup and disaster recovery planning
• Data storage and planning
• Routine maintenance, monitoring, and performance tuning best practices
• Database security
• SQL queries and stored procedures
• SQL Server Reporting Services
• SQL Server Analysis Services
• SQL Server Integration Services
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate:
• Planning and Configuring databases for high availability and disaster recovery including clustering, replication and backup/restore processes
• Familiarity with Windows Server administration, Windows Active Directory, Certificate Administration and IIS
• Good understanding of n-tier architectures. Knowledge of developing business user reports with SQL Server Reporting Services
• Programming experience with C# and VB.NET is preferred
• Ability to evaluate end-user business requirements, translate them into technical specifications, and then develop and implement the appropriate technical solutions
• Effective written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
• Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate proficiency with or quickly learn advanced SQL architecture, design, coding, and debugging.
• This candidate should have proven ability to impact systems architectures, investigate system-wide technical problems, and develop new features.
• The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to develop a solution by mapping a customer’s business problem to an end-to-end technology approach.
• Successful candidate must have excellent technical communication skills (oral and written).
• He or she must possess the ability to clearly communicate throughout the organization. Must have excellent problem solving skills, strong customer service orientation, and the ability to serve in a leadership role.
• 5+ years experience with Windows Server administration, Windows Active Directory, Certificate Administration and IIS
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server
• Four year degree BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
YOU SHOULD KNOW:
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as required by the needs of our customers and our business. This position may require travel to customer sites up to 75% of the time. Overnight travel may also be required.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.