Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Charlotte
In January 2016, MetLife announced a plan to pursue the separation of a substantial portion of its U.S. Retail segment. Once separated, the new business will be called Brighthouse Financial.
Brighthouse Financial will serve customers the way they want, need and deserve. It will focus on eliminating the complexity, confusion and cost that can get in the way of many Americans who are seeking financial security. We will bring products to the market that add value to our customers’ lives, and will be guided by a common set of values that focus on the customer and drive accountability.
Brighthouse Financial is seeking high-performing team members who are passionate about the company’s mission. We are laser-focused on adding value to our customers and minimizing complexity in every decision and action. We are building high performing teams who set the bar high and hold each other accountable.
Reporting to the AVP of Structured Reinsurance and SPV Management, this position is responsible for managing the company’s captive entity management strategy and proactively seeking opportunities for process or structural efficiencies. The individual will also work collaborate cross-functionally to ensure accurate recording of reinsurance transactions and production of financial statements.
- Manage operational aspects of SPV administration
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly, annual financial closing process and collaborate cross-functionally to produce required captive annual, quarterly, and audited statements, including supporting exhibits
- Review and approve all monthly/quarterly accruals
- Review and approve EFT’s and corresponding journal entries for cash settlements
- Investigate, resolve and reconcile any discrepancies in activity relative to reported experience
- Manage all audit and related work with internal and external auditors, regulators and reinsurers
- Oversee the balance sheet certification process
- Provide support on feasibility studies, formation of captives, and financial impact attribution as required to internal and external stakeholders
- Evaluate reinsurance program structure and identify opportunities to create efficiencies
- Support the ratings process for captives with outside agencies
- Develop metrics and perform financial analysis required to deliver on agreed financial and operational targets by focusing on cost reduction of the reinsurance program
- Develop and maintain business requirements and other supporting project documentation
- Optimize operational efficiency of reinsurance administration through the development and use of tools and systems
- Monitor current and emerging developments/trends in the structured reinsurance industry
- Prepare periodic management reports and ad hoc reports as requested by management
- Support the development of board and management presentations
- Perform other related activities as required
Business Knowledge/Technical Skills:
- 8+ years of experience with increasing responsibilities in corporate finance and/or reinsurance entities within large financial institutions; experience with different reinsurance types including YRT, coinsurance, mod-co, etc. preferred
- Undergraduate degree in related discipline required; MBA, CPA, and/or CFA strongly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting and analysis
- Industry leading knowledge of financial markets and economics
- Superior analytical skills and strategic thinking ability
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and management skills with the ability to persuade, negotiate, and arbitrate to influence others to effect change and achieve desired results
- Demonstrated ability to consider multiple views while making business decisions
- Thinks Strategically - Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external perspective to meet domestic needs.
- Creates Partnerships - Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Seizes Opportunity - Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving operational capabilities.
- Drives Results - Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.