1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Content Copywriter
Our Brand Marketing team is seeking a Senior Content Copywriter who is expertly versed in the investment management industry. This copywriter will support Capital One InvestingSM (https://www.capitaloneinvesting.com) which is comprised of three legal entities: a broker/dealer, an RIA and an insurance company. We are seeking a seasoned copywriter who can take a number of complex investing & financial product marketing copy needs and craft engaging well-conceived written copy in our brand voice for multiple digital, social & traditional channels. Additionally, this person will champion our broader content marketing strategy initiative by helping explain complex investment principles in a simple, clear, approachable customer-friendly fashion.
Capital One Investing is a brokerage dedicated to transparency. Our goal is to provide a flexible, straightforward investing experience that helps investors feel confident about their financial future, whether they prefer to get personal advice, do their own investing, or combine the two.
What you will bring to the position…
- A strong portfolio that includes produced work for large, integrated marketing campaigns (applicants for this position should submit their portfolios along with their resumes)
- A positive attitude and readily partner with all types of disciplines (marketing, design, strategy, product and financial advisor teams)
- A clear understanding of tone and the ability to quickly adapt your writing style
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet aggressive deadlines should the need arise
- An understanding the benefits of process, and experience using process to his/her advantage
- The ability to translate investing and financial products into content, and present the content effectively to key stakeholders and partners
- The ability to champion the Capital One brand voice
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 4 years of content copywriting experience in the financial services industry
- At least 2 years of experience working in an advertising agency, or 2 years of experience working on a corporate in-house creative team
- At least 3 years of experience working directly in the investment management industry
- Active FINRA Series 7 License, or expired FINRA Series 7 License
- Active FINRA Series 66 License, or expired FINRA Series 66 License
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.