Do you have a passion for helping customers be successful with our technologies? Do you have a technical aptitude and ability to quickly learn cutting edge technologies? Do you love to play with data and data visualization tools? Can you develop content (from quick start guides to tutorials to code examples) that gets customers quickly up to speed using those technologies? Do you play well with others? Do you drive for results through teamwork and herd cats under pressure? If yes, then consider joining our fun loving, hard-working team of content developers. We work on all the Microsoft big data, database, analytics, BI, machine learning and AI cloud services and products. We would love to talk to you!
What you will do?
Develop, prioritize and execute your customer-focused, data informed, real world experience focused content plans.
Create innovative, high quality technical documentation including quickstarts, tutorials, and code samples.
Work with engineering, customer support, customers, and marketing teams to understand customer goals, needs and pain.
Use content metrics and other data to prioritize the most important work. You will talk to customers themselves!
Your plan will include contributions from others as well as your own content – from walk throughs to scripts to examples. You will help focus everyone’s efforts in the right direction and ensure deliverables get out the door.
Your understanding of the need will inform the medium, with the goal to get customers using our services as quickly and easily as possible.
You will continue to refine and improve your plans and your content through customer feedback, testing and keeping current with the ever-evolving technological landscape.
• 1-2 years’ experience with complex data preparation tools/processes
• Strong written and verbal English communication skills
• 1-2 years’ experience writing for a highly technical audience (Developer, IT Pro, DevOps)
• 2-3 years’ proven project management, organization, and planning skills
• 1-2 years’ experience administering or developing for data visualization tools such as Power BI, Tableau, SQL Server Reporting Services or Salesforce.
• Experience working with git and GitHub as a content management system
• Strong attention to detail
• BS in Computer Science or Engineering with 1-2 years of development experience
• Experience working with CSS, Supportability, CXP and Field teams
• Experience writing about Power BI and SQL Server Reporting Services
• Experience working with engineering to improve user experiences
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.