What you’ll be doing...
About our team
The Verizon Experience Team is a new internal group tasked with evolving the Verizon customer experience across all channels and touchpoints through the design and implementation of innovative products and services that customers love.
Working from a newly designed studio space at 140 West Street, the team is assembling the brightest designers, design strategists, researchers, and product managers to collaborate within teams shaping the most important touch points across the customer journey.
About this role
As a Senior Content Strategist you will lead the end-to-end Content Strategy and UX Writing workstream, shaping brand-defining experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses Verizon services, so your work will have meaningful impact at a massive scale.
Work will span the design process, from front end design definition to agile development and implementation, so your work may include everything from defining voice and tone to refining a call to action after product launch.
In addition to shaping products you’ll play a lead role in shaping process, coaching others in best practices and championing the value of thoughtfully crafted language in creating brand-defining, customer-centered experiences.
What you’ll be doing:
What we’re looking for...
● 4+ years of experience of content strategy and writing for a diverse range of web and mobile experiences.
● Bachelors or Masters Degree in English, Communications, Professional & Technical Writing, Design, or related field and a portfolio of impressive work
● A focus on UX writing with ability to inform systems-level structure and overall messaging strategy
● Capabilities in secondary areas including UX design, visual design, research, online messaging and branding, information architecture, editorial strategy, search engine optimization, metadata strategy, and content distribution strategy (including email marketing)
● Familiarity with human-centered design methodologies, empathy for end users, and passion for teaching and learning from others to shape process and culture
● Ability to work out of New York office with some work days in Basking Ridge, NJ and/or Piscataway, NJ and legal authorization to work in the US
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.