Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for three Senior Contract Managers within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in New Jersey or Pennsylvania.
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.” There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Reporting directly to the Johnson & Johnson Law Department, the Senior Contract Manager will be part of a team providing dedicated support as part of the North America Global Services Supplier Contracting Services team, ensuring effective and efficient contract review and world class negotiation support for the sourcing activities that are delivered to the Johnson & Johnson businesses. The Senior Contract Manager is a dedicated resource to the Supplier Contracting Services team within the North America Procurement Enterprise Business Support structure.
This individual will also be responsible for managing the process of keeping the various contract templates up to date. The types of contracts include (but are not limited to) master services agreements, consulting agreements, market research and outcomes research agreements, confidentiality agreements, HCC related agreements, R&D agreements, technology agreements and other general agreements within the Commercial, R&D, IT and/or Supply Chain functions. The engagements will have financial impact that ranges from several thousand dollars to several million dollars.
Additionally, the Senior Contract Manager will actively participate in identifying best practices and support strategic initiatives while partnering with the Supplier Contracting Services team to implement process improvement initiatives. The Senior Contract Manager will also partner with the service delivery managers within the Supplier Contracting Services team to identify best practices, conduct training, perform audits, etc.
The individual will partner with other members of the Law Department, the broader Procurement community, Finance, HCC and internal business partners, including senior management, as appropriate, in continued efforts to streamline contract related processes as well as integrate templates in an effort to improve turnaround times to an increasing client base.
Other responsibilities include identifying and addressing training for other commercial contracting related needs of internal business partners on an as needed basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviewing redlines and providing related support for the business/categories aligned to the position throughout the contracting process
• Overseeing and supporting external negotiations for legal contract terms and conditions
• Training the community of contract champions within the Supplier Contracting Services team
• Facilitating internal contract approval and stakeholder negotiation to resolve complex issues and assist in disputes (escalating complex legal and factual issues to the appropriate internal parties, e.g. Health Care Compliance, Privacy, Johnson & Johnson Law Department)
• Ownership of templates and clause library utilized by the team
• Providing direction and guidance related to the contracting process
• Ensuring conformity to business needs, proper risk allocation and compliance with Johnson & Johnson policies and procedures
• Supporting the global contracting process & technology strategy as defined through broader Enterprise Standards and Productivity initiativesQualifications
• A minimum of a Juris Doctor or equivalent is required
• A minimum of 5 years of related experience is required
• Strong team working skills, relationship management, interpersonal, communication (both written and spoken), negotiation and organizational skills are required
• Strong business acumen, analytical skills and problem solving ability are required
• Strong leadership skills: ability to lead and manage cross functional teams is required
• Capable of drafting complex contract terms and conditions, attention to detail, reviewing contracts for conformity to policies and identifying and assessing risks is required
• Travel up to 10% both domestically and internationally is required
• Strong ability to design, develop and lead strategic and process improvement initiatives are preferred
• Significant transactional experience at a law firm is preferred
• Current attorney license in appropriate jurisdiction is preferredPrimary Location
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey, North America-United States-PennsylvaniaOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function