Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
The Sr. Application Design Engineer performs a wide variety of technical assessments and development activities related to OEM customer applications. The primary requirement of this role is to review, develop, present and support OEM machine control systems within the defined scope. The ADE team performs the following:
- Consultation on the application of MachineStruxure and Schneider Electric Industry business unit automation and control solutions.
- Developing focus segment related business by developing application solutions architectures for customers and sales team.
- Supporting customers with development, implementation and integration of Schneider OEM automation and control solutions.
- Leads specification, design, analysis and development of engineering projects within defined scope.
- Testing and development of proof of concepts of industrial automation product architectures with SE products based on customer opportunities.
- Developing technical documentation, including bill of materials, User's Requirements Specifications, Detailed Design Specifications, Factory Acceptance Tests and electrical schematics.
- Providing customized application training to customers on the MachineStruxure platform
Travel to customer's sites is required for project kickoff meetings and commissioning. Additional travel may be required for assisting OEM sales in technical discussions with our customers. Travel is estimated to be 25% Qualifications:
Educational requirements are Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with 5 years working experience, Computer Science/Engineering with 5 years industrial automation working experience, or Mechanical Engineering with 5 years of industrial automation working experience.
This position requires the candidate to be able to program PLC's and Motion Controllers with IEC 61131-3 standard programming languages. Motion systems must be reviewed for system design and sizing. Configuration of HMI applications and Variable Speed Drives as parts of a solution package is required.
A working knowledge various communication protocols to include: Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus RTU, Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, Sercos.
Experience with industrial automation applications in targeted material working, material handling, packaging and pump control applications preferable.
Work experience with the following industrial segments is also a plus: robotics, packaging, safety systems and machine controls.
Position to be based in Schaumburg, IL or Knightdale,NC.
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.