Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- The primary requirement of this role is to review, develop, present and support OEM machine control systems within the defined scope.
- The Sr. Application Design Engineer performs a wide variety of technical assessments and development activities related to OEM customer applications.
- Consultation on the application of MachineStruxure and Schneider Electric Industry business unit automation and control solutions.
- Developing focus segment related business by developing application solutions architectures for customers and sales team.
- Supporting customers with development, implementation and integration of Schneider OEM automation and control solutions.
- Leads specification, design, analysis and development of engineering projects within defined scope.
- Testing and development of proof of concepts of industrial automation product architectures with SE products based on customer opportunities.
- Developing technical documentation, including bill of materials, User's Requirements Specifications, Detailed Design Specifications, Factory Acceptance Tests and electrical schematics.
- Providing customized application training to customers on the MachineStruxure platform
- Ability to program PLC's and Motion Controllers with IEC 61131-3 standard programming languages. Motion systems must be reviewed for system design and sizing. Configuration of HMI applications and Variable Speed Drives as parts of a solution package is required.
- A working knowledge various communication protocols to include: Modbus TCP/IP, Modbus RTU, Ethernet I/P, DeviceNet, Sercos.
- Experience with industrial automation applications in targeted material working, material handling, packaging and pump control applications preferable.
- Work experience with the following industrial segments is also a plus: robotics, packaging, safety systems and machine controls.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
- Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.