Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting a Senior Controls Engineer to join its dynamic team located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (JJVC) specializes in disposable contact lenses, which are marketed under the ACUVUE® Brand name. Ever since ACUVUE transformed vision correction in 1988 with the world's first soft disposable contact lenses, we've passionately pursued new technologies and the highest quality standards. And we're proud that ACUVUE lenses are worn by more people than any other brand.
- Develop, design, install, and debug electrical and controls for automated manufacturing equipment.
- Development of electrical and controls specification for automation equipment as part of a highly automated, complex, high volume 24/7 validated production environment.
- Review vendor acceptance test.
- Equipment acceptance test and validation (IQ, OQ and PQ).
- Develop equipment design, programming and safety logic standards.
- Review vendor electrical design and control system concepts for adherence to safety standards.
- Review vendor electrical and controls design and approve.
- Adheres to environmental policy and procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
- Responsible for work flow production, training of new employees on covered jobs, answering job-related questions.
- Under general supervision, works within established guidelines and has flexibility as to method, priority and timing of job duties. Requires moderate amount of initiative and judgment.
- Design of electrical equipment for classified areas (explosion proof and intrinsically safe I/O equipment).
- Fault find complex automation equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- BSEE/MSEE highly preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years engineering or technical experience in manufacturing operations is required.
- Manufacturing, GMP and OEM experience.
- Strong knowledge of NFPA 79 and NEC codes.
- Programming PLCs is required.
- Electrical design and documentation including I/O and power schematics for automation equipment is required.
- Experience with Category 3 safety devices and development is required.
- Experience managing vendors in installations.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience working with high speed, high volume manufacturing equipment.
This position is located in Jacksonville, Florida and may require up to 10% travel, domestic and/or international.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.Primary Location
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.