Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a leader in the pet products industry, dedicated to enriching the lives of pets and the people who love them. Our passion for pets is matched only by our passion for the business. Innovation and inspiration fill the halls of every Nestlé Purina office. We are pioneers. At our Allentown, PA factory, we utilize thermal processing and high-speed canning to produce varieties of our Friskies®, Mighty Dog® and Alpo® brands – brands we have carefully produced, packaged and shipped since 1955. Allentown balances the identity of a busy industrial city, as well as a beautiful rural environment that Purina is truly proud to call home.
Nestle Purina (Allentown) is seeking a self- starter with strong attention and customer service skills to fill our open position as a Senior Coordinator (Finance) on day shift. As the Senior Coordinator, you will be responsible for SAP purchase, invoice, receipt issue resolution, inventory analysis and support material costing. You will also drive internal control activities, support cost and continuous improvement related savings analysis and cover month end closing transactions as directed by the Financial Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with SAP or a related ERP system.
- Act as the main troubleshooter to resolve SAP payment problems surrounding wet, and pouch plant ingredient and inventory packaging purchases and claims.
- Resolve problems, analyze the various causes, and communicate the answers to Corporate Accounts Payable for resolution.
- Enter data for all cold Storage receipts and complete fresh to frozen transfers. Manage cold storage inventory reconciliation.
- Verify correct account and cost center numbers.
- Attain the proper authorization from all site purchasers, and corporate buyers to expedite all invoice blocks due to price, quantity, etc.
- Act as a site SAP leader and provide assistance to the user community when called upon.
- Assist with maintaining accurate inventory data in the system. Manage Inventory GR/IR reconciliation.
- Cover material costing workflow for new materials on behalf of the Financial Accounting Manager either as back up or main responsible.
- Set annual department meetings to analyze audit schedule with the Financial Accounting Manager and Controller.
- Complete risk assessment and propose changes resulting from new policies or best practices identified in prior audits.
- Prepare the Internal Control audit for the year, including deadlines and monthly reports on schedule completion.
- Support gathering and update of financial data used in analysis of cost savings opportunities and/or or continuous improvement projects, as directed by the Financial Accounting Manager.
- Provide inquiry support for MRO, capital, and AMEX P-Card.
- Must possess the ability to operate a PC in order to record and enter data as well as have the ability to request information regarding the data on an inquiry basis.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Basic Qualifications (Minimum):
High School Diploma or GED
3+ years of experience in finance, accounts payable, inventory reporting or related field
Bachelor’s Degree with a major or emphasis in Finance, Accounting or related discipline.
Experience with SAP or related ERP system.
A little about us:
We aim to make discoveries that better the lives of pets everywhere through the highest-quality production of pet food, snacks and litter. Pets are our passion. Safety is our promise. Progress is our pledge.