Our CEO’s vision of Microsoft is the productivity and platform-company for the mobile-first and cloud-first world. The Microsoft Corporate Strategy Team is a small specialized group that advises our CEO and executive leadership team on driving, assessing, and prioritizing the long term strategic direction for the company across its entire portfolio of products including Windows, Office, Azure, Xbox, and more.
The team has built a track record of spotting trends early and subsequently leading change throughout the company. The group focuses on two sets of activities:
1. Thought leadership on the future state of the industry (e.g., economics of the cloud) and potential impact to Microsoft’s overall strategy
2. Running specific projects that provide senior exec council on multi-billion dollar decisions (inclusive of portfolio optimization, large strategic acquisitions and partnerships, etc…)
This role puts you in the middle of transforming of one of the world’s largest companies ($80B+ revenue) in the midst of several of the biggest disruptions IT has ever seen. As a member of Microsoft’s Corporate Strategy Team, you will drive formal quantitative and qualitative analytical decision support on high-priority, cross company strategic issues.
Example project areas include: strategic acquisition evaluation, value chain assessment, white space opportunity sizing, business model analysis, new initiative ideation, competitive analysis and game theory.
• Work with senior executives to address the most pressing questions facing Microsoft and Microsoft’s business units including Windows, Office, Windows Server, Azure etc.
• Lead key strategy projects and orchestrate work streams across the Corporate Strategy team. Act as a thought leader on Microsoft’s strategy
• Create frameworks to tackle complex problems; drive diagnostic rigor in making decisions; analyze research and data to develop actionable solutions.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of the entire portfolio of Microsoft businesses in order to propose and analyze strategic decisions impacting multiple divisions.
• Understand and stay current on tech industry trends, competitive landscape and internal product development efforts.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Minimum 5-8 years of strategic consulting, business development, or finance experience - demonstrated abilities in developing strategy.
• Deep understanding of software and business technology markets, trends, and dynamics
• Proven project management capabilities; comfortable working under demanding deadlines and producing key senior executive deliverables.
• Demonstrated hypothesis-driven problem solving with special ability to build structured quantitative and qualitative analyses; sound business judgement and problem framing
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to formulate and deliver insights around complex business problems in a thoughtful and persuasive manner
• Strong personal initiative and good judgment; desire to succeed in a demanding, creative, and entrepreneurial environment
• Track record for mentoring junior talent, as well as leading team based engagements.
• MBA preferred, but not required
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.