The Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Attorney supporting the Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) group and will primarily manage legal matters for the ASP, Acclarent and Sterilmed businesses. S/he will report directly to the VP, Law for the CSS Group of the Medical Devices Sector of J&J.
This position will sit on the business unit leadership teams of the three companies and will advise senior management on general legal matters and recent changes in laws and regulations and be primarily responsible for Law Department alignment with these businesses. The position will be located on-site at the CSS Headquarters in Irvine, CA.
This position is responsible for providing business partners with strategic legal advice and counsel in all areas of law, to further the interests of the business while protecting the company’s rights, interests and reputation.
Member of the business unit leadership teams; responsible for coordinating legal matters for each business; partnering with business clients, colleagues in the Johnson & Johnson Law Department and outside counsel, as appropriate, to support business opportunities while ensuring compliance with legislation, industry guidelines and internal policies; providing strategic proactive and reactive legal advice on a wide range of proposed business initiatives and materials, in the areas of sales and marketing, regulatory affairs, health care compliance, privacy, reimbursement, clinical, employment and labor issues, and information technology.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for preparing and negotiating complex commercial agreements across functional areas listed above, including supply, development, sales, distribution, co-marketing and clinical trial agreements; assisting in litigation and investigations and managing outside counsel relationships, work flow and budget; training, educating and advising business partners on key legal topics and leading and serving on project teams and committees to assess and implement special/significant projects in the local business and/or J&J Law Department.
A contracts manager and contracts paralegal report into this attorney.Qualifications
- J.D. or equivalent legal degree and admission to a US bar or equivalent out of US bar is required.
- 8+ years of experience in private practice and/or in-house, preferably with significant experience in the healthcare industry (medical device sector preferred).
- Strength in corporate/commercial matters; knowledge of medical device businesses (products, procedures, business model and industry trends) preferred, or proven interest and ability to develop understanding.
- Proven legal and business judgment with an orientation to finding solutions.
- Excellent strategic and analytical skills.
- Experience researching legal principles and precedents.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, meet stringent timelines, and handle multiple demands simultaneously.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team player.
- Excellent client relationship, communication and leadership skills and the ability to work with wide range of people with varying degrees of legal exposure.
- Experience in training, educating and advising business partners on key legal topics required.
- Strong results-oriented and strategic thinking abilities required.
- Demonstrated willingness to listen and learn and proven ability to make and respectfully explain proper decisions (even when this leads to tough business discussions) required.
- Ability to receive specific direction from more senior law professionals and provide guidance to professional staff in developing solutions to problems presented.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding legal services to, and interact with, a range of senior executives and strong interpersonal skills and excellent track record of collaboration with colleagues required.
- Some domestic travel is required to support business needs.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
Corporate LawRequisition ID