The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Legal Counsel to be located in New Brunswick, New Jersey (Corporate HQ).
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.3 billion in 2013 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
We are seeking a qualified Senior Legal Counsel to work within the Medical Device Sector of the Business Development Legal Group. While a majority of the transactions will be with domestic partners, we expect a significant need for experience in handling transactions in emerging markets, and candidates with such experience will be viewed favorably. The responsibilities of this position would involve advising Business Development colleagues and Senior Management on a wide-variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions with both private and publicly traded companies, divestitures of subsidiaries and divisions, asset sales and purchases, collaborations, joint ventures, spin-outs and strategic alliances.
The position would involve working in a multi-cultural environment and in close connection with other Johnson & Johnson colleagues worldwide. Qualifications
- JD degree from nationally recognized university, with bar admission in good standing is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience required.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience at a top-tier, major market law firm, or in-house legal department of a multinational corporation is required.
- Significant prior experience in life science transactions and/or within the medical device industry is preferred.
- Superior ability to analyze, structure and negotiate all elements of the transactions described above and strong drafting skills is required
- Strong communication skills and comfort with counseling senior executives is required.
- Excellent collaborative skills, including the ability to coordinate with both J&J attorneys, external counsel, business leaders and other advisors and provide strong ethical leadership is required.
- Must have a positive attitude and the skills to work across business functions and cultures with teams located in multiple time zones as well as the ability to act independently in a fast-paced and highly-rewarding environment.
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ and requires up to 30% travel within the U.S. and occasionally outside the U.S. is required.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function