The Johnson & Johnson Law Department seeks a Senior Counsel for its U.S. Commercial Programs Legal Group.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Senior Counsel, Commercial Programs will:
• Advise clients on commercial (sell-side) activities and compliance with laws, regulations, industry standards and company policies that arise throughout our U.S. commercial sales and related activities.
• Work closely with sales, marketing and account management groups and other functions, and be directly responsible for providing legal counsel and support related to the federal Anti-Kickback Statute and associated regulatory safe harbors, OIG guidance, state fraud and abuse laws and related health care legal obligations.
• Focus on strategy and program development, contracting, customer negotiation, risk mitigation, policy development and review, and activities regarding interactions with healthcare providers, group purchasing organizations, payers, and other stakeholders.
• Advise and conduct training for clients and contracting intermediaries on contract administration and management
• Advise clients on logistics, supply chain and distribution functions and strategies.
• Effectively provide and coordinate legal support in above areas, contribute as a member of cross-functional teams and interact with business and Law Department management on these matters and continually keep the same informed of developments to ensure that legal support provided is innovative, agile and appropriately adapted to the changing environment.
• A Juris Doctor Degree with admission to (and current good standing with) the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia is required
• A minimum of 8 years of experience practicing as an Attorney, including experience advising clients on health care matters either in-house (health system, provider or manufacturer) or at a law firm supporting clients in the life sciences industry is required
• Experience advising on health care compliance obligations, including the U.S. Health Care Fraud and Abuse Laws is required
• Strong transactional skills including experience drafting and negotiating pharmaceutical or medical device related commercial contracts on the sell-side is required (e.g. product sales, distribution, collaboration or managed care agreements)
• Must possess the ability to think strategically and apply strong analytical skills
• Must have very strong communication and presentation skills, and be a highly effective collaborator in a team-based matrix environment
• The position is located in Piscataway, N.J. and will require some travel, approximately 15%
United States-New Jersey-PiscatawayOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
Corporate LawRequisition ID