Under the general direction of the Assistant General Counsel, this position will support (a) corporate, securities, tax, finance and corporate governance matters and transactions for AmerisourceBergen Corporation and (b) corporate and commercial matters and transactions for PharMEDium, a leading national provider of outsourced compounded sterile preparations to acute care hospitals and an AmerisourceBergen company. This individual will dotted line to the Vice President - Legal and Compliance at PharMEDium. While the role will be based in Conshohocken, PA (near Philadelphia), it will require periodic travel to PharMEDium's headquarters in Lake Forest, IL (near Chicago).
The position offers a unique opportunity to work at the corporate level on public company reporting, governance and securities law matters, while also serving in a general counseling role for an important, fast-growing and highly-regulated subsidiary of AmerisourceBergen.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assist in the preparation of SEC filings (e.g. Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K and proxy statements).
2. Provide advice and counsel to ensure compliance with SEC regulations and stock exchange requirements.
3. Support transactional and project-based matters for treasury and tax functions.
4. Support corporate governance function, including U.S. and foreign subsidiary management as well as the preparation of materials for the Board of Directors.
5. Provide day-to-day counsel on a wide range of commercial and business matters in support of regulatory affairs, marketing, operations, human resources, finance and sales at PharMEDium.
6. Help advise on compliance matters and support on regulatory and other governmental inquiries at PharMEDium as needed.
7. Assist in overseeing workflow processes to ensure PharMEDium and its associates are adhering to regulatory deliverables, contractual commitments, compliance and related obligations.
8. Select and manage outside counsel, including establishing procedures for evaluating the quality and cost of services, on an as-needed basis.
9. Anticipate and mitigate legal risks at AmerisourceBergen and PharMEDium and work closely with executives and key associates at AmerisourceBergen and PharMEDium.
10. Perform related duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience and Education Requirements :
1. Law Degree - must be a graduate of an accredited law school and admitted to a State bar, preferably in PA, DE, IL or NY.
2. Minimum five years' experience in corporate, securities and/or public company M&A at a law firm or in-house department with a reputation for a strong corporate practice.
3. Strong contract drafting skills.
4. Flexibility and the ability to multi-task, prioritize projects and manage deadlines.
5. Ability to meet critical and short deadlines, work independently and as part of a team, and be very organized and proactive.
6. Must be client focused with strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with all stakeholders in an in-house environment.
7. Ability to communicate effectively, through a variety of formats, to a diverse audience at multiple levels across the company, including to senior management.
8. Strong negotiation skills.
9. Strong presentation skills.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.