The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel to support the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Care Companies (JJDCC), comprised of LifeScan, Animas, Calibra, and the Johnson & Johnson Diabetes Institute. This position will be located in Chesterbrook, PA at the company headquarters and will report to the Vice President Law, Consumer Medical Devices Group.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $74.3 billion in 2014 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Senior Counsel will sit on the JJDCC management board, advise senior management on general legal matters, and be primarily responsible for Law Department alignment with this global business. This Attorney will be responsible for providing business partners with strategic legal advice and counsel in all areas of law, so as to further the interests of the business globally, while protecting the company’s rights, interests and reputation. The Contracts Senior Manager reports into this Attorney.
The Senior Counsel will:
• Coordinate legal matters for the business; partner with business clients, colleagues in the Johnson & Johnson Law Department globally and with outside counsel, all to support business opportunities while ensuring compliance with applicable legislation, industry guidelines and internal policies.
• Provide strategic proactive and reactive legal advice on a wide range of proposed business initiatives and materials in the areas of sales, pricing strategy and marketing, regulatory affairs, health care compliance, privacy, and reimbursement.
• Interactions with colleagues in the Johnson & Johnson Law Department’s IP and Litigation groups who are engaged in patent litigation as well as in prosecuting fraud, diversion, trademark infringement and counterfeit cases.
• Prepare and negotiate complex commercial agreements across the functional areas listed above, including telecommunications, supply, international distribution, managed care, sales, and co-promotion agreements.
• Manage certain outside counsel relationships and the departmental budget.
• Lead and serve on project teams and committees to assess and implement special/significant projects in the local business and/or J&J Law Department.
• A Juris Doctor or equivalent legal degree and admission to a US bar or equivalent out of US bar is required.
• A minimum of 12 years of post-qualified experience is required.
• Experience in the international trade and distributor management field is required.
• Experience in the area of promotional claims and substantiation review is preferred.
• In-house counsel experience at a global health care company preferred.
• Understanding of internet advertising and digital media is preferred.
• Strong drafting and negotiation skills are preferred.
• Excellent strategic and analytical skills with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment are required.
• Strong legal and business judgment with an orientation to finding solutions is required
• Excellent communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues both in speaking and in writing.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, with a track record of collaboration with colleagues.
• Global mindset and a strong sense of integrity, with the ability to establish trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders is required.
• Travel up to 10% both domestically and internationally is required.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function