Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Employment Law.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. The more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 119,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, the Sr. Counsel, Employment Law will handle all aspects of employment legal responsibilities, including:
• Manage employment, benefit and non-compete litigations
• Manage / supervise mediations
• Supervise investigations and responses to government agency charges and OFCCP audits
• Advise internal clients on restructurings / reorganizations, employment aspects of acquisitions and divestitures, sensitive employee relations matters, executive hiring, discrimination / harassment / retaliation issues, sensitive workforce analytics and numerous other aspects of employment law
• Proactive partnering with other departments to enhance processes and further improve compliance efforts.
• A minimum of a Juris Doctor is required.
• A minimum of 12 years of practicing experience as an attorney is required
• Litigation and employment law experience is required
• Experience with workforce analytics is preferred
• Direct experience with setting and delivering measurable objectives is required.
• Must have demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional partners and upper management to impact decision-making
• Willingness to “have an opinion” backed by insight and the confidence to influence key stakeholders in meetings and one to one basis is required
• Outstanding and clear communication skills; ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and articulate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely is required
• Must have highly strategic business acumen with ability to appropriately use judgment and risk-taking
• Must be capable of creating one’s own agenda and deliverables based on strategy
• Must be agile and able to change behavior across range of situations
• Must have strategic business partnership skills: cross-functional leadership, business acumen & understanding of organizational dynamics, influencing skills, objectivity
• Approximately 10% travel, globally and domestically, is required
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.