Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Description: The Sr. Critical Facility Technician is accountable for the operation and maintenance of site systems and processes as assigned.
Provides hands on operation of site facilities equipment and processes in accordance with procedures and policies.
Collects data and performs rounds/readings.
Performs maintenance of site facilities equipment as appropriate to knowledge, skills, and certifications/licenses in accordance with procedures and policies.
Performs hands on general IT support functions such as hardware Rack & Stack, cabling (copper& fiber optic), and hardware troubleshooting as assigned by ACFM and customer POCs
Monitors contractors for procedural, safety, environmental, and risk mitigation process compliance with established procedures/policies/laws.
Provides training (within their expertise) to other CFTs, Facility Technicians (FTs) and trainees as assigned on their shift.
Provides technical expertise and assistance as required. CFTs are expected to be subject matter experts in at least one area or site system.
Responds to emergent situations at the site as required.
Other client supporting tasks as assigned.
1. Operates site facilities equipment and systems without error to obtain maximum availability.
2. Complete assigned maintenance & IT tasks in accordance with approved schedules.
3. Works with others at the site to exceed customer expectations.
4. Provides suggestions for continuous improvements in the areas of process improvement and cost reduction/savings.
5. Facilitates communication and information flow for effective risk mitigation, safe operations, other shift coordination, and teambuilding.
1. Strong practical and application of skill and knowledge of site facilities equipment
2. Customer relationship building
3. Technical understanding and communication to peers/management, with customers, and vendors
4. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Service Now, and Vizio.
5. Physical decommissioning and asset management.
6. Cable testing, dressing, and management per industry standards
5. Understanding and implementation of risk mitigation processes
6. Emergency response
7. Ability to do on the job training in the trades as appropriate
1. Procedure development
2. Reliability Centered Maintenance program experience
3. Data center hardware planning or capacity engineering
Education or Equivalent Experience
More than 1 year experience in mission critical environments
At least two years installing/maintaining IT Hardware assets (Rack and Stack, Cabling, Patching, etc.)
3 years or more mission critical environments experience
1 year training experience (On the Job or classroom)
Care. Connect. Challenge. Commit.
Our values define our company. Who we are, our customer approach, how we do business, what it's like to work here, and the kind of people we want to attract and retain. We care for our planet, our customers, our company, our team, and ourselves. We connect to customers and colleagues; we are open and respectful. We challenge others and embrace challenges ourselves. We commit to change by leading the change.
At Schneider Electric, because we value our employees, we offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision, matching 401(k), training and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let's make the most of your energy.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.