The Senior Cybersecurity Architect will work for the Global Chief Information Security Organization (CISO) to identify, test and deploy information security solutions to secure critical data and systems throughout the IBM corporate IT environment. This leader will play both an advisory and hands-on role requiring deep Cybersecurity subject matter expertise with demonstrated communication skills for active collaboration with a technology teams both with IBM CIO and business units as well as technology partners to promote security engineering practices.
The Senior Cybersecurity Architect will research emerging security trends and technologies, identify business and technical requirements, perform technical evaluation and support deployment of global security solutions through agile execution. The ideal candidate will possess experience in one or more of the following areas: cloud security, mobile device security, application security, security operations, and/or incident response. The successful candidate will be able to lead project teams, analyze complex problems, have an insatiable curiosity to learn about new technologies, share knowledge with others, mentor more junior team members and has experience leading in a fast-paced, Agile project environment.
The ideal candidate in this role will:
- Leverage Agile practices to develop or identify new concepts, tools or systems to improve the overall security posture of the organization
- Work with the CIO organization and business units to promote security engineering practices and develop security reference architectures for new solutions
- Identify security requirements by evaluating business needs and technical requirements and relate them to required/desired security controls
- Research information security trends, standards and practices to identify needs for enhancing security solutions
- Lead projects to pilot / test new security solutions in limited deployment to evaluate and recommend for large-scale deployment
- Lead design and deployment of new security solutions across the corporate enterprise
- Act as a subject matter expert and business enabler to project teams seeking guidance on security practices and controls to support secure solution design
- Articulate problems related to the security solution being developed and requests review and guidance to minimize risks associated with the proposed solution
- Analyze problems and suggests solutions involving business, I/T technology, methodology, process, tools and solution components
- Accept ownership of tasks, is able to independently drive to completion and seek guidance of more senior team members as needed
- Participate actively in knowledge sharing activities like communities of practice, forums, conferences and/or other knowledge exchanges to improve security architecture/engineering practices
A little about us:
IBM is the world’s largest information technology company with more than 360,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries.