Senior Data Analysis Manager, Credit Policy and Fraud Testing
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation’s top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Analyst Sr. Manager at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged to lead three types of work – Innovation, Business Intelligence and Data Management:
• Lead multiple teams and initiatives involving exploration and analysis of data across a variety of data platforms (e.g. Teradata, Hadoop and related tools such as Pig, Hive, Impala, etc)
• Leverage extensive, deep technical knowledge and team leadership skills to drive the development and implementation of data products / capabilities that enable self-service by data consumers
• Keep abreast with industry trends and leverage expertise to influence others’ adoption of new technologies into their respective initiatives
• Define BI data and tool standards, used in data acquisition and preparation, data modeling, metadata management, structured and non-structured queries.
• Define, establish, and execute against strategic data management and business delivery roadmaps, actively managing data risks, issues, and impediments.
• Lead cross-functional teams to ensure data stores and applications adhere to defined data management practices, policies, and procedures
Specifically, the Senior Data Analysis Manager, Credit Policy and Fraud Testing will be responsible for the following:
• Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
• Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG,HIVE, Impala)
• Experience leading projects to deliver complex data management solutions; working with internal and external partners
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 5 years of experience leading direct or matrixed data teams
• At least 5 years of experience leading, architecting and delivering critical data and business intelligence initiatives
• Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
• 5+ years of experience managing or developing enterprise data management, data governance or data quality programs
• 5+ years leading cross-functional teams of Data Engineers, Scientists, Analysts and other disciplines
• 7+ years delivering data management architectures and strategies as an individual contributor
• 3+ years of experience working with recognized industry data management patterns, methodologies, and techniques (i.e. ISO, PMBOK)
• Possesses data management or tool certifications (CDMP, IDQ Certified, TD Certification, etc)
• 3+ years of experience exploring and delivering data management capabilities with emerging technologies such as the Hadoop stack or via Cloud architectures
• 2+ years of experience developing data management capability roadmaps with NoSQL tools (Mongo, Cassandra, etc. a plus)
• 2+ years of experience working with internal and external auditors and Federal regulators
• 5+ years of experience in process management (Six Sigma , LEAN) and improvement methodologies or 3+ years of experience in Agile practices
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.