Altice USA is one of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States. We are a subsidiary of Altice NV, a convergent global leader in telecom, content, media, entertainment and advertising founded in 2001 by entrepreneur Patrick Drahi. We are driven by a philosophy to always challenge ourselves. We question everything so that we can find the best way forward for our customers. And in a world where continuous innovation is the only way forward, we are redefining the vision we have for our customers, enterprises, advertisers - and our people.
The Company offers Suddenlink-branded digital cable television, high-speed Internet and voice services to residential and business customers across the western, midwestern and southern states. Additionally, for its business customers, Suddenlink provides targeted television and online advertising services. Responsibilities
This position is a key enabler of Data Services mission to provide business unit departments with the right data at the right time. The incumbent is responsible for analyzing data to provide insights and business value and ensure it meets corporate policy and business data requirements. He/She partners with business unit departments to help them achieve their initiatives using data driven solutions.
This person will have the ability to understand how data drives the development of applications and business requirements through appropriate design principles, methodologies, tools and understands the different data modeling patterns (e.g. star schema, normalization etc) and their uses. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, data science or other related area, or specialized training or equivalent work experience in data management
- Typically requires 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Strong technical skills in SQL, relational databases and big data techniques. Knowledge of Hadoop strongly preferred.
- Programming proficiency with analytical platform software and BI systems expertise preferably Microstrategy, or Tableau. Knowledge of Alteryx is a plus
- Experience in design and development of data warehouses, BI solutions and other data systems.
- Expertise in data analysis methodologies and processes and their linkages to other processes in the software development lifecycle.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL - Able to query complex datasets and derive conclusions, including using all types of joins between multiple tables. Experience working with very large data sets.
- Experience with integration of complex data sets
- Expertise in various modeling techniques such as process, data and object modeling
- Experience leading data analysis efforts in teams of 3 or more
- Experience mentoring junior staff in the data analysis discipline
- Participation in data analysis efforts for multiple projects and programs of different size and complexity
- Experienced in leading business users, and data analysts in data requirements gathering exercises
- Experienced in various data requirements elicitation, analysis and validation techniques
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to multi-task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Experience with ETL tools such as Informatica is a plus
- Experience of working with offshore or outsourcing teams is a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet and maintain a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.