Senior Data Analyst Manager
Are you someone with a passion for data, analytics, insights and technology? Do you want to be part of a team developing actionable insights to help the organization make impactful business decisions? If you excel in blending quantitative analysis with strategy development and want to influence the future of the Office business at Microsoft, then this position is for you.
The Office Insights, Data Engineering and Analytics Team is looking for a passionate, creative, analytical and experienced Relationship Marketing Data Analyst Leader who loves big data, curious to explore and unveil insights and create a business story and reporting to impact key business decisions. Our team provides the data and insights needed to run and grow the Office business.
This work includes:
• Building and leading a marketing analytics team
• Providing holistic, customer and business insights
• Providing data and insights for modern marketing and sales
• Managing RM campaign planning, baselining, and sizing analyses
• Managing post-campaign lift analyses
• Delivering data sets and exploration tools that democratize business and customer insights for the Office Product Group, marketing and our field. This includes common data models and architecture, and data governance.
• Providing actionable intelligence and analytics that will make our products and services better and grow our business. This includes predictive modeling, machine learning models and recommenders
This position is a key role that drives insights about our business model and health, pre-sales and post-sales activity of our users, and acquisition and engagement efforts. The scope includes understanding and monitoring key metrics and ongoing analyses to inform overall strategy for acquisition, usage, and retention of our users. Also includes stakeholder engagement and close collaboration with and leveraging efforts of data scientists, data engineers and other data analysts of the Office Insights, Data Engineering and Analytics team.
You are driven, self-directed, entrepreneurial and focused on delivering the right results. To be successful in this role, you must have strong skills in written and oral communications, a can-do attitude and the willingness to tackle hard problems in innovative ways. You also thrive in a team environment that values cross team collaboration and building on the success of others. You have a history of building healthy, high performing teams and strong partnerships.
• Hiring and development of a world-class team of analysts for the supported areas
• Partner with different functions / domains of the Microsoft businesses (e.g. Relationship Marketing, Marketing Automation, Data Science/Engineering etc.) to drive effective campaign experiments
• Provide actionable insights on campaign experiments for various products across its lifecycle via outcome and delivery health campaign reports
• Create/Modify new and existing campaign metrics in order to measure the effectiveness across commercial, consumer and services business
• Enable Relationship Marketers to take business decisions to personalize customer experience through the learnings from experiments
• Measure the effectiveness of campaigns through A/B testing methodology which includes and not restricted to statistical significance test for one tail and two tail tests
• Connect findings and recommendations to business initiatives and collaborate with key stakeholders at various management levels to drive actions maximizing revenue
• Deliver in depth analysis on business performance (trends, funnels) and drivers, as well as forecasts and targets
• Define, track and report key metrics to assess overall business health
• Design and build dashboards based on business requirements to enable ongoing monitoring of campaigns and business health through Monthly Business Reviews (MBRs)
• Partner with analytics, data science, and data engineering partners for data structures, data availability, and statistical model development
• Work closely with data engineering to deliver requirements for data infrastructure
• Guide and develop data accuracy via UAT
Qualifications / Skills:
• 10+ years' hands on and management experience in analytics with proven quantitative orientation
• Bachelors degree in computer science or a quantitative field required/Masters degree preferred
• Experience in Relationship Marketing Sample Size Calculation, Segmentation Criteria, Organic Growth Analyses and Campaign Lift Analyses using statistics
• Advanced working knowledge of large data manipulation and data mining using SQL/Cosmos
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, as well as visualization tools (familiarity with Power BI preferred)
• Prior experience in B2B marketing acquisition, campaigns, marketing automation, content marketing, and digital marketing a plus
• Exceptional problem solving, technical and data analysis skills
• Effectively drive stakeholder management, project planning and team collaboration experience
• Good written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Be self-driven, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data
• Ability to lead in a team environment that promotes collaboration
• Experience with marketing automation and CRM systems preferred
• Experience with Data Lake infrastructures (Cosmos, Hadoop) and access preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.