Adaptive Path (61075), United States of America, San Francisco, California
Senior Data Analyst
As a Data Analyst at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged on three types of work – Innovation, Data Management and Business Intelligence:
- Use Open Source/Digital technologies to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data sources and platforms
- Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
- Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
- Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
- Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
- Work collaboratively with appropriate Tech teams to manage security mechanisms and data access governance
- Build and execute tools to monitor and report on data quality
- Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG,HIVE, Impala)
- At least 1 year of experience in at least one scripting language
- At least 1 year of experience in querying and analyzing and working with data languages and platforms
- Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
- 1+ years’ experience working with BI reporting tools (i.e. Tableau and Business Objects)
- 1+ years of experience working within process management and improvement methodologies – Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
- 1+ years of experience working with and demonstrating knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools (i.e. Informatica DQ)
- 1+ years of experience working with Agile development methodologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.