Senior Data Analyst
Capital One is a diversified bank that offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers, small business and commercial clients. Ranked #127 on the Fortune 500, Capital One has one of the most widely recognized brands in America. As one of the nation’s top 10 banks, we offer a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared Values, come together to make Capital One a great company and a great place to work.
At Capital One, data is at the center of everything we do. When we launched as a startup we disrupted the credit card industry by individually personalizing every credit card offer using statistical modeling and the relational database, cutting edge technology in 1988! Fast-forward a few years, and this little innovation and our passion for data has skyrocketed us to a Fortune 200 company and a leader in the world of data-driven decision-making.
As a Data Analyst at Capital One you will leverage analytic and technical skills to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to tackle business problems.
On any given day you will be challenged on three types of work – Innovation, Data Management and Business Intelligence:
• Use Open Source/Digital technologies to mine complex, voluminous, and different varieties of data sources and platforms
• Build well-managed data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
• Demonstrate ability to explore and quickly grasp new technologies to progress varied initiatives
• Partner with the business to provide consultancy and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization.
• Drive an understanding and adherence to the principles of data quality management including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
• Work collaboratively with appropriate Tech teams to manage security mechanisms and data access governance
• Build and execute tools to monitor and report on data quality
• Degree specialized in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
• Strong desire and experience with data in various forms (data warehouses/SQL, unstructured data environments/PIG,HIVE, Impala)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• At least 1 year of experience in at least one scripting language
• At least 1 year of experience in querying and analyzing and working with data languages and platforms
• Master’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics discipline
• 1+ years’ experience working BI reporting tools (i.e. Tableau and Business Objects)
• 1+ years of experience working within process management and improvement methodologies – Lean, Six Sigma, etc.
• 1+ years of experience working with and demonstrating knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality tools (i.e. Informatica DQ)
• 1+ years of experience working with Agile development methodologies
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.