The Public Cloud product development team is one of the biggest initiatives in the history of Oracle. We are introducing revolutionary SAAS, IAAS and PAAS products to the market place and because many of these products are being built new, we are experiencing tremendous growth in our IaaS product development team.
Join a growing and dynamic team to develop and test our next-generation cloud storage service. The Oracle Public Cloud team is developing a new web-scale infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offering, focused on cloud storage. Our systems move a huge amount of data. The ideal candidate has experience working with complex, distributed software systems and pushing those systems beyond their limits.
Location: Broomfield (CO). Full time (sorry no corp to corp or 1099) with full Oracle benefits ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are a new and small product development team that has a start-up feel, but with the stability Oracle provides. Our analytics group is an early stage initiative within that team to use data to drive the product. We are seeking senior analytics engineers with a strong background in Spark or other cluster compute technologies. Candidates will have great engineering challenges and will be responsible for hands on coding/development. You will take an active role in the definition, design, and implementation of the data pipeline, including:
- Data acquisition (streaming and batch) from disparate systems
- Data aggregation
- Machine learning, statistical analysis, and time series analysis
- Exposing data and results to consumers
- Near-realtime data science to inform and drive the cloud storage product
We are seeking seasoned engineers with:
- Experience implementing and optimizing big data cluster compute
- Proficiency in Java/Scala and distributed/Cloud computing
- 6 years production experience in Java, ETL, and analytics systems
- Passion to use data to optimize products.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Physics, Math or related field
Additional Skills Sought:
- Spark, Hadoop, Cassandra, Storm, Druid, or other distributed compute platforms
- Mesos, Docker, Kafka, Distributed File Systems
- MLLib, R
- Monitoring and alerting, anomaly detection
- SQL, NoSQL, and data modeling experience
- Experience developing high traffic/throughput systems
- Knowledge of cloud compute technologies including object storage
- Experience with distributed database systems and messaging systems
- Familiarity with microservice deployment models
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable). Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. Qualifications:
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.