A Sr. Data Communications Engineer's main responsibility is to provide day-to-day support of the Company's wide area and local area networks. They support and maintain network hardware and WAN to ensure proper connectivity, and generate monthly reports detailing uptime and bandwidth utilization. The Sr. Data Communications Engineer is responsible to install new location networks. They manage and administrate the Company's DNS and Cisco devices to ensure proper connectivity. The incumbent monitors network stability and performance and implements a solution if a connectivity problem is found. They participate in DR testing and maintain detailed documentation of the primary and redundant network infrastructure. A Sr. Data Communications Engineer will manage or co-manage and coordinate the implementation of multiple projects that have department or division-wide implications and impact. Such efforts will require cross-function involvement with IT groups. They are responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership. The position requires the ability to participate in after hours tasks such as on-call responsibilities and organizational outage windows
- Management, maintenance, updating, and support of Company's WAN and LAN
- Identification and correction of location network connectivity issues
- Understanding and execution of TCP/IP skills and IP address subnetting
- Manage traffic in and out of network hardware (routers) to ensure maximum utilization.
- Design and Implementation of complex solutions.
- Lead project scope development and options analysis.
- Identify and recommend solution to meet customer needs, and implement chosen solution.
- Manage projects from identification of need to implementation and ongoing monitoring of system/solution performance.
- Involved in analyzing system/software performance and adjust network specifications based on any identified problems
- Analyze network connectivity to ensure that hardware is utilized at its highest capacity
- Perform network analysis and disaster recovery planning and testing for the Company's WAN environment.
- Communicate with client groups on a regular basis to determine needs
- Work closely with customer's leadership and project team during scope development and option analysis phase.
- Manage the projects and/or solutions to client group expectations.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree required, advanced degrees preferred
- CCNA certification preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years of functional experience
- 2-3 years of project management (including mid-to-large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- Experience and full fluency in the following hardware/software (depending on role):
- Cisco Platform (Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, 2k, routers, switches, wireless access points, Cisco Prime and Cisco DCNM)
- Infoblox DNS, DHCP grid platform
- CA Spectrum Network event management and reporting
- Solarwinds Network Management/Monitoring Toolset
- Castle Rock SNMPc Manager
- MPLS Technologies
- Site-to-Site VPN implementations
- BGP & EIGRP experience
- IP Addressing schemes.
- Bandwidth / Circuit monitoring tools (i.e. Netflow Tracker)
- Packet Analysis - Net Scout and Wire Shark experience
- Microsoft office applications (including Visio)
-Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
-Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with
hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck Leasing. With operations in North America, South America, Europe and Asia, Penske Logistics provides supply
chain management and logistics services to leading companies around the world. Penske Logistics delivers value through its design, planning and execution in transportation,
warehousing and freight management. Visit www.PenskeLogistics.com to learn more.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.