Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
As a member of Grainger Tech
, you will work on some of the most complex challenges in software design, and development. You will be part of select team that engages with enterprise leaders, building innovative digital products.
We are looking for a Senior level Data Engineer
Transforming data into meaningful information and insights is a founding principle for what we are working on. Data and information is the backbone of our company. You will be an important part of how we operationalize our data for the benefit of our users and customers.Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Great at scoping requirements
- Launched of the projects or products
- Excellent at communicating with users, other software teams, and management
- Great at describing software/data product features, and technical designs
- Works well with other cross functional teams to create and maintain best practices
- Background in Big Data, Machine Learning and Data Mining is a plus
- Contribute to technology decisions for the data infrastructure.
- Develop standards for development practices, testing, and operations of the data infrastructure
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer
- Professional experience on understanding, manipulating, processing and extracting value from large datasets
- Expert experience in relational database
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Strong analytical skills
- Passionate about working with structural data sets
- Excellent communication skills
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
A little about us:
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.