Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job Description
The Sr Data Engineer will be part of an innovative Analytics Team that enables Marketing, Sales, and Services to explore outliers and take actions that differentiate us from our competition. You will work closely with other team members like data architects and business analysts to understand what the business is trying to achieve, move data from source to target, and design optimal data models. This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge and can demonstrate best practices in the industry. Come be a part of a team that is starting this new journey.Responsibilities
- Design and build facts, dimensions, snapshots, SCDs in Redshift using SnapLogic
- Create data models and perform performance tuning
- Develop ETL and implement best practices for ETL development
- Create ETL piplelines that are highly optimized with very large data sets
- Work effectively using scrum with multiple team members to deliver analytical solutions to the business functions.
- Solve issues with data models and come up with solutions
- Prior experience working with ETL development for building Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Prior experience with Master Data Management, building Customer, Company, Contact and Product Master
- Preferred experience with AWS, Readshift and SnapLogic data integration
- Preferred experience with Informatica MDM, IBM or Reltio MDM
- Prior experience in designing data models with Marketo, Eloqua, Salesforce, or other sales & marketing tools
- Experience in designing Data Warehouse from various data sources such as Salesforce, adobe analytics
- Very comfortable in designing facts, dimensions, snapshots, SCDs for Sales, Marketing, etc
- Communication Skills: Data Engineers are part of a team, working with database administrators, data analysts and management and need to be effective communicators.
- Attention to Detail: Databases are complex, and a minute error can cause huge problems.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Data Engineers look at an issue that needs to be solved and come up with solutions quickly.
- Growth Learner: desire to continue to learn about where the BI industry is going and cloud technology.
- 8+ years of experience with very large scale data warehouse projects
- BS in Computer Science or other Bachelors, or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience working with APIs to collect or ingest data.
- Strong Database knowledge, Redshift preferred
- Demonstrated academic or professional statistics and math skills
- Experience writing shell scripts and mysql stored procedures
- Ability to create data models, STAR schemas, snowflakes, etc.
- Write complex SQL for processing raw data, data validation and QA
A little about us:
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.