1750 Tysons (12023), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Data Engineer
Do you want to work for a technology company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers.
We are looking for bright, driven, and talented individuals to join our team of passionate and innovative software engineers. In this role, you’ll use your experience with Python/Java/Scala, Fast Data, Big Data, Streaming and Cloud technologies to build our next generation of Data capabilities.
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional Agile team to create and enhance software that enables state of the art, next generation Big Data & Fast Data applications
- Utilizing programming languages like Python, Java, Scala, and Open Source RDBMS and NoSQL databases like PostgreSQL, MongoDB, and Redshift
- Developing and deploying distributed computing Big Data applications using Open Source frameworks like Apache Spark, Flink and Kafka on AWS Cloud
- Leveraging DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of working code utilizing tools like Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Ansible, Teraform, Git and Docker
- Help drive cross team design / development via technical leadership / mentoring
- Fearless. Big, undefined problems and petabytes don't frighten you. You can work at a tiny crack until you've broken open the whole nut.
- You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail. Expect to tell us what you’ve shipped and what’s flopped.
- You are passionate about finding refined solutions to complex DevOps challenges and helping the entire team meet its commitments.
- You yearn to be a part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule.
- You love learning newtechnologies and mentoring more junior developers.
- Humor and fun are a natural part of your flow.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or military experience
- At least 3 years of professional work experience programming in Python, Java or Scala
- At least 3 years of build or hone skills working with Cassandra, Accumulo, HBase, Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB, Redshift, Lambda, or PostgreSQL
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science or related discipline
- 2+ years of experience with the Hadoop Stack
- 2+ years of Distributed Computing frameworks such as Apache Spark, Hadoop
- 2+ years experience with Cloud computing (AWS a plus)
- 2+ years experience with Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Ansible, Flask, Docker, Cassandra, Jenkins, Spark, Git, Stash
- 1+ years experience with Agile engineering practices
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.