Senior Data Scientist
Who we are:
Microsoft Windows NEXT is responsible for pioneering innovative interactive applications for all Microsoft platforms. Within Microsoft WDG, the Windows NEXT team has developed products such as HoloLens and profoundly changed the way people interact with technology. Now we are ready to change the world again, but we need your help!
What we do:
We are an established team of data scientists working with product teams to leverage machine learning. We brainstorm exciting and ground-breaking experiences and quickly build working prototypes on top of developing tech. We transform our ideas into reality through shipping first-to-market products. We support multiple in-market Windows applications refine and optimize their experiences. We offer a fun, collaborative, fast-paced work environment focused on helping to shape the future.
What you do:
You’re an expert in data science, machine learning and experimentation – figuring out how to leverage Data Science to improve user experiences with our innovative products. You will need to use your experience, passion, and quantitative skills to maximize the overall success and exposure of your project(s). You're looking to make significant contributions to the early stages of a project with huge growth potential.
• Work with product team bring data based solutions to life.
• Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
• Be involved with the entire product life cycle; designing data or ML solution, collecting training data, building solution, testing and roll-out.
• Leverage multiple large data set on cutting edge cloud technologies.
• Develop models of usage and user behavior leveraging application telemetry data.
• Work with multiple Windows Application groups to formulate their business decisions as data science problems.
• Bachelors’ Degree
• 5+ years’ experience with data and analytics
• 5+ years demonstrated history of innovative thinking and problem solving.
• Strong R and python programing background.
• Experience work deploying machine learning models to production on client machine or in the cloud.
• Experience with NLP or Computer Vision
• Strong hands-on experience in machine learning.
• Deep familiarity with statistical models & and machine learning methods
• Familiarity with standard ML and statistical libraries (tensorflow or keras, sklearn, caret, dplry/tidyverse, NLTK)
• Strong skills in SQL.
• Ability to quickly learn to new technologies.
• Excellent communications & interpersonal skills. Ability to convince other strong personalities of their ideas and communicate complicated analysis & insights to non-technical audience.
• Masters’ Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Econometrics, Machine Learning or a related field required. Doctorate/PhD preferred.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.