GE (NYSE: GE) is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. GE is organized around a global exchange of knowledge through which each business shares and accesses the same technology, markets, structure and intellect. Each invention further fuels innovation and application across our industrial sectors. With people, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for customers by speaking the language of industry.
Predix is the world's first and only cloud-based operating system built exclusively for industrial companies. It is now available for licensing externally beyond GE across a broad range of industries to manage and optimize both GE and non-GE assets. As the only industrial strength OS, Predix allows for familiar, frictionless connectivity, yet offers the security, regulation and certifications that industry demands. With 50 billion machines expected to come online by 2020, the Industrial Internet's impact on GE, our customers and the world is tremendous. Everything is amplified on an industrial level. Bigger machines, bigger business, bigger issues, bigger opportunities.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Senior Data Scientist
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
San Ramon, Atlanta
As the Senior Data Scientist working for Power Digital Solutions (PDS) you will be responsible for unlocking the value of software and analytics for our customers and business. From deploying analytics to driving operational improvement, to embedding SW solutions in our contracts, you will be instrumental in shaping a key growth vector for PDS.
The Senior Data Scientist will work across product, analytics, engineering and
commercial to craft and execute strategic data driven archetypes quantifying
the value of our solutions to our customer base.
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to drive a broad strategy and
deliver measurable impacts, influencing our product strategy and internal
* Develop and deliver a productivity strategy that
contributes quarterly impacts to the business
* Deliver actionable data driven insights to explore new areas
of operational improvements
* Understand the CSA/MYAs structure, unlock data driven
hypotheses to improve cost position, and billing
* Work hand in hand with product, analytics, engineering,
commercial and our internal productivity teams to execute
* Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, computer science, marketing or related discipline from an accredited college or university
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in productivity management, data science, or a closely related role
within a comparable industry
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Advanced degrees (ME, EE or ChE) from an accredited university or college
* Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills; ability to convey technical concepts to audiences ranging from technicians to plant managers
* Operating experience in power plants, preferably on boilers
* Experience with Distributed Control Systems, preferably those common in power plants (e.g. ABB/Bailey, Emerson, Invensys, etc.)
* Familiarity with data communication protocols such as OPC
* Modeling experience with industrial systems
* Experience applying neural networks to industrial processes
* Familiarity with computer hardware & Windows-based software
* Experience/familiarity with industrial process control systems
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.