Johnson & Johnson
Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is
recruiting for a Senior Data Scientist, in Fort Washington, PA or Skillman, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson
Consumer Inc. is a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, the
world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care
products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer,
pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics. Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. markets
innovative consumer products focusing on skin and hair care, baby care, wound
care, oral health and women's health as well as a broad range of well-known and
trusted over-the-counter products through our McNeil Consumer Healthcare
division. The portfolio includes some of the most world's most widely used and trusted
brands JOHNSON'S ® Baby, NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO®
LISTERINE®, BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages, TYLENOL®, and many more.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating
the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
The Sr. Data Scientist will:
- Be a member of the Safety Science and Policy group
within the Office of Consumer Medical Safety (OCMS).
- Be responsible for translating the strategic vision of
safety science into solutions and insights through development of innovative
methodology and applications.
- Should be passionate about working on cutting edge research
and developing advanced analytics/informatics solutions in the field of safety
analytics and surveillance.
- Lead the safety science effort to build applications
and tools by applying advanced scientific algorithms and methods and
translating the strategic vision of safety science into solutions and insights.
- Work closely with customers and stakeholders to turn
data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make evidence
- Manage relationships across IT, QA and finance
functional areas; balance between business needs and IT/QA standards and
strategies to guide well-informed designs and decisions.
- Apply compliance/validation requirements related to
GxP-regulated applications, provides documentation as necessary, and
participate in compliance/validation activities as required.
- Work effectively as part of a team and solve complex or
unusual problems in consideration of the potential impact.
- Lead as a Business Analyst for moderate to large
projects, programs, or initiatives of varying complexity
- Apply and leverage technology-driven analytics (e.g.,
natural language processing, artificial intelligence/machine learning,
semantics) in advancing safety science practice.
- Master degree required in Applied Mathematics, Computer
Science/Informatics, Epidemiology, Statistics or related discipline with 5
years of overall experience or a PhD.
- Experience applying a minimum of two software languages,
such as PL/SQL, R, JMP, Python or other related software language to provide data-driven
analytical solutions required.
- Advanced knowledge of building custom or web-based
applications using JMP, Java, JSON required.
- Experience with relational databases (ex: Oracle
Databases, MySQL, Microsoft Access, etc.) required.
- Experience with systems development life cycle (SDLC)
and computer system validation within a GxP environment is highly preferred.
- Experience with business intelligence/ visualization tools such as
Qlik, Tableau or Spotfire is preferred.
- Experience with spontaneous adverse events and working
knowledge of safety surveillance is preferred.
- Prior training/experience with natural language
processing and machine learning is preferred.
- Excellent written and communications skills to report
back the findings in a clear, structured manner are required.
- Willingness to work in an exploratory environment,
handling non-standard tasks with minimal supervision required.
- This position is required to be based in Fort
Washington, PA or Skillman, NJ.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort WashingtonOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function