If you love digging into data to uncover insights retailers crave, then we want to talk with you.
In the Oracle Data Cloud we have more than 1,500 retail partners, and together they provide billions of consumer transactions. As a Senior Data Scientist on the Retail Analytics team, you would combine your big stats brain with your wicked coding skills and your storytelling nature to support a portfolio of retail partners. Responsibilities:
- Run sophisticated models to measure the effectiveness of digital ad campaigns
- Evaluate predictive models used to build targeted audiences for digital and mail campaigns
- Design and conduct custom research to answer key client questions
- Present findings to a variety of audiences-including ad agencies, analysts, media planners, marketing managers and executives
- Consult with clients to identify opportunities to grow their business through analytics
- Collaborate with internal teams (Research & Development, Go to Market, Operations, Product, and Technology) to continually improve our targeting and measurement solutions
- Identify and lead strategic analytic initiatives
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline-such as economics, engineering, mathematics, operations research or statistics
- Professional expertise in marketing analytics
- Familiarity with retail companies and their data assets
- Competency with big-data tools-such as SQL, Python, R, SAS
- Mad communication skills-especially around displaying data and leading audiences from complex situations to simple, logical conclusions
- Passionate people. We love our customers and our co-workers. We work hard and try to learn and grow every day. And then we go play!
- Start-up culture with corporate backing. The Oracle Data Cloud is comprised of four smaller start-up companies, brought together to create one team with unique data assets.
- Colorado base. With our office located midway between Denver and Boulder, we have easy access to Colorado's mountain playground, as well as urban culture.
- Data Scientists galore. With 100 hard-core analysts, every day at the ODC is like a data science convention. The brilliance in the room is astounding and leads to cutting-edge solutions for our clients.
Designs, develops and programs methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze unstructured, diverse "big data" sources to generate actionable insights and solutions for client services and product enhancement.
Interacts with product and service teams to identify questions and issues for data analysis and experiments. Develops and codes software programs, algorithms and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate large datasets from multiple disparate sources. Identifies meaningful insights from large data and metadata sources; interprets and communicates insights and findings from analysis and experiments to product, service, and business managers.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years relevant work experience. BS/BA preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.