Senior Data Scientist
The Senior Data Scientist will assist in leveraging data to help the enterprise make more informed decisions to generate additional revenue, increase efficiencies, and reduce losses.
The Senior Data Scientist is located at our Auburn Hills Operations Center and reports to the Vice President of Data Analytics and Reporting. This position has no direct reports
* Work with business stakeholders to determine and prioritize big data opportunities
* Manage the mining of both structured and unstructured data from internal and external sources
* Manage the creation, application and validation of appropriate data algorithms / models to the data to produce clear business actionable results
* Communicate actionable results and their business implications to appropriate business and technical stakeholders
* Work with business stakeholders to apply data findings to appropriate application (promotions, campaigns, etc.)
* Responsible for participating in validation of models and algorithms
* Drives data mining processes from appropriate data sources
* Drives and manages development and application of data algorithms, models and corresponding documentation
* Generates and reviews analysis and presents data results to analytics team
* Presentation of results to key business executives and stakeholders
* Manage identification of appropriate internal and external data sources
* Design and manage execution of extract, load, and transformation processes from source data to target
* Manage preparation of data, including remediation for big data analysis
* Manages and participates in development, application and enhancement of data algorithms / models
* Manages and participates in establishment and enhancement of algorithm and model measurement statistics
* Manages and participates in development and presentation of quantitative insight to multiple product teams
* Works with appropriate business stakeholders to execute quantitative insight
* Responsible for reporting model development, documentation, implementation, and monitoring to the manager
* Ability, and the desire, to work independently and have a proven track record in getting the "job done". Maintain a high sense of urgency.
* Ability to recognize industry and business unit issues and trends.
* Strong written and verbal presentation skills
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels. Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience.
Travel is minimal of this position.
* Master's Degree from an accredited university and 6 of data experience
* 7 years of quantitative analysis skills.
* 7 years of experience managing both small and large big data projects, including the execution of the results in production
* 7 years of experience communicating business results from big data projects to executive management
* 7 years of experience performing marketing analytics, including some of the following domains:
* Campaign response modeling
* Customer Acquisition and churn analysis
* 5 years of experience managing data scientists
* 7 years of experience applying data algorithms and building data models
* 7 years of experience with big data tools, such as Hadoop.
* 7 years of experience with statistical modeling software (SAS, STATA, Eviews, R, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
A little about us:
At Comerica Bank, we’re looking for leaders to help guide a higher level of banking.