Do you have the desire to solve business problems, and live to find patterns and insights within structured and unstructured data? Do you want to join an innovative new team, and have the opportunity to lead true business impact?
Our S enior Data Scientist will provide expertise on mathematical concepts for the broader applied analytics team and inspire the adoption of advanced analytics and data science across the entire breadth of our organization. You will synthesize and leverage our massive dataset of consumer, shopper, and retail data to enhance our Customer Development (Sales) and Category Management capabilities.
This is a unique opportunity to join a team of creative and passionate individuals destined to change the face of the retail and consumer packaged goods industry. We are focused on the company’s agenda, and work on high-impact projects utilizing Big Data analytics and machine learning to create joint value for Unilever and our customers.
We’re an experimental team combining science and engineering to identify and inject valuable insights into retail processes at their point of highest impact. The team works in quick iterations, using the techniques and algorithms best suited for solving the challenging problems of retail. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Advocate, evangelize and build data-fueled solutions that help our business teams and customers create joint value. You’ll dig in and become an expert on our consumer, shopper, and retail datasets.
- Responsible for modeling complex Customer Development and Category Management problems, discovering insights and identifying opportunities through the use of statistical, algorithmic, mining and visualization techniques
- Provide insight into leading analytic practices, design and lead iterative learning and development cycles, and ultimately produce new and creative analytic solutions that will become part of our core deliverables.
- Work with cross-functional team members to identify and prioritize actionable, high-impact insights across a variety of core business areas.
- Lead applied analytics initiatives that are leveraged across the breadth of our solutions for our customer development and category management function.
- Research, design, implement and validate cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Ability to clearly propose analytics strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of everyone around you.
WHAT CAN UNILEVER OFFER YOU ??
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in operations research, applied statistics, data mining, machine learning, physics or a related quantitative discipline.
- 5 years of experience delivering world-class data science outcomes, with the ability to solve complex analytical problems using quantitative approaches with a blend of analytical, mathematical and technical skills.
- Deep understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques, and recommendation and optimization algorithms.
- Expert in analyzing large, complex, multi-dimensional datasets with a variety of tools. Comfortable with statistical analysis environments such as R, MATLAB, SPSS or SAS.
- Experience with BI tools such as Tableau and MicroStrategy. Able to work with relational databases as well as Hadoop-based data mining frameworks
- Familitar with SQL, Python, Java and C/C .
- Work with Global iconic brands!! Check out our amazing portfolio: https://www.unileverusa.com/brands/
- "Agile" working - flexibility to work from home
- Opportunity to work with a key strategic customer
- Career growth - we offer best in class training & development programs!
- Collaborative work environment - we believe working together achieves the best results
- Competitive base salary and bonus structure
- Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid vacation & holidays
At Unilever we are developing new business practices that grow both our company and communities. Our ambition is to double the size of our business, while reducing our overall environmental footprint (including sourcing, consumer use and disposal) and increasing our positive social impact. Along the way we will help more than a billion people take action to improve their own health and well-being. Click to learn more about our Sustainable Living plan: https://www.unilever.com/sustainable-living/
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. Completion of the assessment is mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and assessment. If the assessment is filled out partially or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the assessment at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.